This maintenance and troubleshooting module introduces students to the fundamental aspects of a SLC 500 system. It begins with a system overview and migrates to an introduction to RSLogix 500 software, the programming environment for the processor. Students will receive a basic understanding of a SLC500 project, including an introductory look at routines, data table files, and addressing. An overview of RSLinx software and configuring communication drivers to allow the computer to communicate to the various processors will also be covered. At the end of this module students will be introduced to the demo and be comfortable with I/O Configuration.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to set up communications between the SLC 500 and the computer
- Demonstrate the ability to edit ladder logic using the appropriate software
- Identify and repair system faults
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware faults
- Create and use data tables
- Demonstrate correct file structure techniques
- Correctly perform backup and restore procedures
- Demonstrate the ability to use search routines to locate items within a project
- Demonstrate the ability to use software troubleshooting tools
- SLC hardware
- Hardware Safety
- Communication protocols
- Utilizing data tables
- Program file structure
- Program documentation
- Navigating through a project
- Utilize troubleshooting tools (available in RSLogix)
- Troubleshooting practice
- Forcing I/O
- Comparing Projects
Who should Attend?
Person(s) / students needing to maintain or program a SLC-500 PLC
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.