The students who take this Basics of P&ID Drawing course will learn techniques to master the reading and interpretation of Industrial Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams. Students will be using actual Industrial Prints as study material.
The understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams is a mandatory skill for Job seekers in several career choices. These include drafting, power plant operation and maintenance, refinery operation and maintenance and workers involved in the construction of industrial facilities.
Pipe-fitters, welders, plumbers, instrument and control technicians, plant operators and draftsmen all need this skill to excel in the workplace.
P&ID’s are used worldwide in construction and operation of large and small industrial projects. The ability to read and understand them will give those who complete this course an edge over their competitors when seeking employment at one of these facilities.
Many industrial facility Lockout/Tagout systems require knowledge of P&ID interpretation to safely isolate equipment to prevent accident, injury or equipment damage .
Many employers training budgets are strained and are not equipped to provide adequate training on working with P&ID’s.
Companies looking for a way to obtain this training will find this course an extremely economical method of providing this these important skills to their employees.
This course is also a useful refresher for anyone who is already working in the industrial field.
Included in the course are access to several sample diagrams and the P&ID keys to interpret them. Students will be able to practice and become even more proficient with these bonus items. The instructor has included email interaction as an option for students and inquiries will be answered in a timely manner.
The course begins by initiating the students in to basic blueprint reading and then moves on to familiarize the students with simple to complex process flow features, such as instrument loops. Symbols are also discussed thoroughly. These include valves, components, instrumentation, piping, lines and signals. The final lecture discusses flow paths and follows the flow path of an actual extremely complex working industrial drawing.
By the end of this Basics of P&ID Drawing course,
- Participants will have the skills necessary to read and understand Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s).
- In this course participants will learn the basics of blueprint reading and interpreting symbols used to represent piping, valves, signals, instruments, tags and more
- Preliminary engineering drawings
a. Block flow diagram (BFD)
b. Process flow diagram (PFD)
c. Material balance
d. PFD symbols
- Piping and instrumentation diagrams
a. Piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID)
b. P&ID symbols
c. Line numbering
d. Valve numbering
e. Equipment identification
- Interpreting P&IDs – valves
a. Valve types
b. Valve identification
c. Valve fittings
- Interpreting P&IDs – equipment
c. Heat exchangers
e. Equipment identification
- Drawing interpretation workshop #1
- Interpreting P&IDs – control & safety systems
a. Distributed control systems (DCS)
b. Safety instrument system (sis)
c. Instrument symbols
d. Instrument signal lines
e. Pressure instruments
f. Temperature instruments
g. Flow instruments
- Detailed engineering drawings
a. Plot plan
b. Electrical area classification
c. Piping drawing
e. Material take off
f. Line list
g. Tie-in list
h. Shutdown key
- Drawing interpretation workshop #2
- Engineering drawings for construction and operation
a. Developing as-builts
b. Preparing for a PHA (HAZOP, what-if, etc)
c. Management of change (MOC)
- Capstone exercise
- Course wrap-up
Who should Attend?
This course is intended for: Operations and Maintenance personnel in industry. People interested in drafting Construction workers such as pipe fitters and plumbers People who work with Lockout/Tagout safety systems
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.