The Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE) International is a globally preferred credential, necessary if you want to advance your career and to position yourself as an expert in the fraud examiners profession. This course is a definitive preparation course for the international CFE exam to become a CFE (CERTIFIED FRAUD EXAMINER).
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with information according to international agreed standard for fraud/forensic investigators and auditors. The purpose of the CFE qualification itself is to equip Forensic Practitioners with skills necessary to carry out fraud examinations efficiently, effectively and ethically and in so doing help to reduce business fraud and to inspire public confidence in the integrity and objectivity of fraud examiners at work.
Who Should Attend?
Also anyone who intends writing the International CFE exam, external and internal and forensic auditors, fraud examiners and specialised investigators in income tax, customs and excise, the National Prosecuting Authority and the financial services industry, financial managers and risk managers will benefit from this course.
- Housekeeping Items
- The Parking Lot
- Workshop Objectives
MODULE 1: FRAUD PREVENTION AND DETECTION
- Understanding human behaviour
- Theories of crime causation
- White collar crime
- Organizational crime
- Occupational crime
- Fraud prevention programs
Day 1 – Recap
MODULE 1: FRAUD PREVENTION AND DETECTION… contd.
- Risk assessment
- Ethics for fraud Examiners
- ACFE Code for Professional Ethics
- ACFE Code of Professional Standards
MODULE 2: INVESTIGATIONS
- Analysing documents
- Covert investigations
- Sources of Information
- Access information online
Day 2 – Recap
MODULE 2: INVESTIGATIONS… contd.
- Data analyzing
- Digital evidence
- Tracing of Illicit funds
- Reporting standards
MODULE 3: LAW
- Overview of legal system
- Laws related to fraud
- Securities fraud
Day 3 – Recap
MODULE 3: LAW … contd.
- Money laundering
- Individual rights
- Civil law
- Criminal law
- Law of evidence
- Testifying as an expert witness
Day 4 – Recap
MODULE 4: FINANCIAL
- Accounting concepts
- Management and auditors responsibility
- Financial statement fraud
- Asset misappropriation: cash receipts
- Asset misappropriation: fraudulent disbursements (billing schemes, pay roll schemes, cheque tampering etc.)
- Asset misappropriation; inventory; bribery and corruption; theft of intellectual property; Financial institution fraud; cheque and credit card fraud; insurance fraud; health fraud; consumer fraud, computer fraud; public sector fraud (tenders)
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
- Design Fraud Prevention Programs
- Understand Human Behaviour and Theories for Crime Causation
- Practice various tools and techniques of investigation
- Learn Law and its application in different scenarios of Fraud
- Manage Asset Misappropriation and financial statement fraud
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.