This training program will equip you to reduce staff turnover and recruit high performers in your team. The competency-based interviewing technique within your selection interviews will help you identify those that will perform well within your team.
Who Should Attend?
This course can be customised for team leaders, managers, and recruitment practitioners.
- What are competencies, competency frameworks and how they benefit the organisation and their people
- Short presentation and group discussion
Competency-Based interviews – The Framework
- Format and techniques of a competency-based interview
- Reminder of the WASP interview structure
- Preparing the candidate for a competency-based interview
- Time and structure needed to explore each competency
- Use of competency-based interview guide
- Facilitator demonstration with volunteer, small group work and group discussion, review of interview practice pack
Acquiring evidence by effective questioning & listening
- CARL questioning method
- Handling candidate responses to questions
- Observing candidate behaviours and recording responses
- Summarising candidate responses
- Acquiring full evidence exercise in small groups, facilitator presentation tips, and CARL questioning and summarising practice exercise in pairs using one core competency, group review of learning
Conducting a competency-based interview
- Practising skills of interviewer, note taker, and observer
- Practice sessions with internal or external candidates and observer feedback
Making the Selection Decision
- Evaluating and rating evidence
- Using a rating scale
- Recommending the next stage in the selection process
- Trainer tips presentation, exercise in trios to review and evaluate candidate responses and assign a rating, whole group review of candidate ratings and recommendations
Learning Review and further steps
- Applying the learning
- Further support
- Individual exercise and group review
- Used competency based interviewing techniques using the CARL questioning method
- Evaluated and grouped data linked to a competency
- Made objective selection decisions based on the evidence acquired
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.