The dealing with difficult people training course covers strategies and techniques to manage difficult people and behaviour, producing positive outcomes. Acquire practical skills for dealing with challenging behaviour in business situations and the workplace. The dealing with difficult people training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of this one day dealing with difficult people training course, the participants will have:
- Considered the causes of challenging behaviour
- Recognised different behaviour types and how to deal with them
- Learnt techniques to deal with difficult or angry people
- Delivered feedback assertively
- Identified the best strategies for addressing a current difficult behaviour
Understanding behaviour and what makes behaviour difficult
- What is behaviour
- Current behavioural challenges
- What causes difficult behaviour
- Factors affecting our behaviour and how attitudes are formed
- Communication misunderstanding
- Presentation, small group exercise, facilitated group discussion
Building a toolkit for dealing with difficult behaviour
- Introducing the ‘Difficult Behaviour’ Toolkit
- Current behaviour management strategies and techniques
- Facilitated group discussion
Different behaviour types and how to deal with them
- Appreciating the impact of the different styles of behaviour on each other
- Strategies for responding to different behaviour styles
- Resolving conflict in a constructive way
- Facilitator presentation, small group exercise, facilitated group review
Using assertive communication
- Steps to becoming more assertive
- Using assertive language
- Finding ways of saying ‘no’
- Importance and impact of our non-verbal language
- Facilitator demonstration, pairs exercise, Metaplanning exercise and facilitated group review
Handling and defusing conflict and emotions
- Our reactions to conflict and difficult behaviour
- Conflict styles questionnaire -Thomas Kiln Model
- Summary of conflict styles
- Defusing difficult emotions, particularly anger
- Individual questionnaire, presentation, pairs practice exercise, facilitation
Giving Constructive Feedback
- Importance of feedback
- Guiding principles for giving feedback
- Group exercise, presentation, pairs practice exercise
- Review of ‘Difficult Behaviour’ toolkit
- Selecting behaviour management strategies and techniques for participant’s own difficult situation
- Group review, small group practice sessions with feedback
Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning and action planning, course feedback
- Individual reflection and action planning exercise, facilitated group review
The dealing with difficult people training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading on dealing with challenging behaviour effectively
- A colour printed workbook with behavioural management tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Who should attend?
Individuals wishing to acquire an insight into why people behave in challenging ways and develop strategies and techniques to deal with difficult people and behaviour at work.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.