This delegation skills training program will help each individual become more productive at work by learning effective delegation skills and techniques. The delegation skills training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
- By the end of this delegation skills program, participants will have:
- Stated what the definition of delegation is and appreciated what stops managers from delegating
- Articulated the benefits of effective delegation and described the effects of good delegation
- Practised how to delegate effectively
- Practised using questions to review progress and given feedback on their progress
- Identified tasks that can be delegated and the best team member to delegate these tasks to
What is delegation?
- Definition of delegation
- Why managers don’t delegate
- Paired exercise and group discussion
The effects and benefits of good delegation
- Benefits of effective delegation
- Managers past experiences of delegation
- Key principles for effective delegation
- Group exercise with presentation pitch, group discussion and review
How to delegate effectively
- An exercise in how not to delegate
- What we can learn from this exercise
- The art of delegation – six steps to effective delegation
- Delegation preparation checklist
- Assigning tasks for delegation
- Facilitator demonstration and whole group exercise, short presentation, individual exercise with group learning review
Communicating delegated task
- Delegation communication checklist
- Conveying delegated task to team member
- Review of checklist and short practice sessions in pairs with group learning review
Recording and prioritising delegated tasks
- Recording and prioritising long and short term goals and tasks
- Completing action plans for delegated task
- Presentation using example templates, individual exercise and group review
Monitoring progress and giving feedback
- Asking questions to review progress
- Reviewing performance
- Giving feedback and recognition
- Facilitator demonstration of techniques, practice sessions and group review
Applying the learning
- Identifying core team skills using Team Skills Matrix
- Identifying tasks for delegation
- Individual exercises, group review
Reviewing the learning and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
The delegation training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
- Templates can be emailed to participants after the delegation course
Who should Attend?
Team leaders and managers wanting to enhance their own productivity and focus on their crucial goals by delegating tasks and projects to their team members.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.