The Email Etiquette training course equips participants with the skills and techniques necessary for managing emails, creating and managing groups and writing professionally with effective email structures, creating signatures and templates and more. The Email Etiquette training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customized proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
As a result of this Email Etiquette training course, participants will be able to:
- Develop a heightened awareness of the potential perils of digital communication
- Master effective email structures to achieve clarity and successful communication
- Learn to write for the reader, starting with effective subject lines
- Make the most of ’email estate’
- Carefully consider the email recipients
- Learn to work within principles or ‘rules of thumb’ to ensure professional, clear & effective emails
- Perfect grammar because it matters
- Format messages for readability
- Learn to write professionally and brand Broadcast emails
- Learn to avoid senders regret by proof reading
- Understand ‘netiquette’
- Master the inbox using some core principles and email functions
- Introduction Evaluate your Email usage
- Workshop Objectives
- Introduction to Email Etiquette Email is never secure
- Big brother may be reading over your electronic shoulder
- Productivity is lost when cyber-slackers log on
- Email misuse and abuse may get you fired
- Email can be embarrassing
- Email abuse impacts revenues and also reputations
- Email is easily misinterpreted
- Create Structure for Success Forward-To-CC-BCC
- High Importance Low Importance
- Introduction – Body – Conclusion
- Time Delays
- Rules of Thumb Effective Subject lines: Tell me up front what you want from me
- 1 page view only
- Average 15 words per sentence
- As short as possible – no extra words
- 2 – 3 lines per paragraph
- Grammar Perfect Using spellchecker
- Check for simple sentences
- Use the Active Voice
- Use of punctuation
- Use of emoticons
- Use of text talk
- Formatting your Email Message Email Style
- Writing the Email
- Selecting your format settings
- Choose the Right Font
- Select Appropriate Colours
- Enhancing Readability
- Resist the urge to use All Upper – or Lowercase Letters
- Arranging Text into Vertical Lists
- Sending Attachments with Care
- Broadcast Emails Branding
- Importance of Branding and consistent subject headings
- Proofreading Does Pay A Proofreading Primer
- How Peer Review Can Help
- Polishing Your Cyber manners Watch your Cyber language
- Avoiding Sexist Language
- Set the Right Tone
- Dodging Conversational Pitfalls
- Extinguishing Flames
- Netiquette Guidelines Reviewing Netiquette Guidelines
- Netiquette Guidelines for Managers
- Lesson 11
- Managing Email Overload Controlling your Inbox Clutter
- Examples The Good
- The Bad
- The Ugly
Who should Attend?
Anyone who wants to be professional in writing emails.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.