This training course is a comprehensive management development training program for new managers and team leaders. It provides a valuable introduction to people management, covering communication skills and team leadership, as well as practical delegation techniques to help boost productivity. Each module will help you learn essential management skills in a practical and fun environment. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain their role and responsibilities as a manager of team members and the likely expectations of the business and the team they manage
- Provide clear and engaging direction to their team members
- Give feedback to team members on their performance
- Demonstrate their skills in coaching team members to motivate and enhance performance
- Delegate tasks to team members in an engaging and supportive manner
The role of the manager
- The role of the manager
- Recognising how best to manage different levels of performance
- Identifying the right type of support and development
- Management skills for motivating and engaging the team
- Case study, group discussion, trainer presentation and review of learning
- Communicating clear direction and instructions
- Impact of verbal and nonverbal communication
- Adapting your communication
- Trainer presentation, practical communication activity, group discussion and paired practice
Managing performance and development through effective feedback
- Purpose and benefits of giving and receiving feedback
- Opportunities for giving feedback
- Models for giving constructive and motivational feedback
- Trainer demonstration, practise feedback sessions
- Identifying opportunities for coaching
- Questioning techniques using the GROW model
- Active listening, summarising and reflecting back
- Trainer demonstration, practise coaching sessions, review of learning
- Identifying opportunities for delegation
- Skills and process for delegating effectively
- Benefits of delegating tasks
- ‘Bob’s Boats’ exercise, group discussion, individual exercise to identify tasks to be delegated amongst team and practise session
- Review of learning
- Personal action planning
- Course feedback
Who Should Attend?
Individuals new to first line management and team leadership, or those without previous training in managing people at work.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.