Personal assistants and secretaries are some of the most important people in any organisation. This foundation skills for PA’s and executive assistants training course empowers them with the skills and techniques to become even more efficient, productive and professional. The personalized training modules are constructed in a manner to balance theory and practical application most effectively. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customized proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
On completion of this foundation skills for PA’s and executive assistants training course, participants will:
- Display organised activity using smart, efficient systems
- Learn to manage time more effectively & strategically
- Master prioritisation of time, complete all important tasks and help their manager do the same
- Learn effective verbal and nonverbal communication techniques
- Become more proactive and visibly empowered in their role
- Learn to communicate more effectively with their manager
- Gain an insight into the importance of caring for themselves
- Apply learning on how to make the most of their ‘Professional Team of Two’
The Foundation Skills for PA’s and Executive Assistants Training Course, you will learn the skills to help you use your resources efficiently, manage your time wisely, communicate effectively and collaborate with others skillfully.
The practical skills and techniques you will learn in this course will help you support your manager, and present ‘your team of two’ as a professional, confidence-inspiring team.
Workplace Organising (1)
- Getting Organised (Part 1)
- Managing Email
- Managing Electronic Files
- Keeping Track of Paper Trail
- Making the most of Voice Mail
Workplace Organising (2)
- Getting Organised (Part 2)
- Keeping your Workspace Organised
- Using a To-Do Book/List
- The Extra Mile: Adding Project Management Techniques to your Toolbox
- Managing your Time
- Holding self and others accountable
- Maintaining schedules
Staying on Track
- Getting it all Done on Time Prioritising
- The secret to staying on Track
- Goal setting
Planning and Organising Business Meetings and Travel
- Special Tasks Planning small Meetings
- Planning Large Meetings
- Organising Travel
- Verbal Communication skills Listening and Hearing: they aren’t the same
- Asking Questions
- Communicating with Power
- Non-Verbal Communication skills Body Language
- The signals you send to Others
- It’s not what you say, It’s how you say it
Asserting Oneself and Positive Behaviours
- Empowering Yourself Being Assertive
- Resolving Conflict
- Building Consensus
- Making Decisions
Working effectively with Management
- The Team of Two Working with your Manager
- Influencing skills
- What to do in sticky situations
High productivity in stressful environments
- Taking Care of Yourself Ergonomics
- Stress Management
- Managing a Heavy Workload
Who Should Attend?
New hires or incumbents who are recently recruited in the position of a PA or Executive Assistant.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.