The Health and Safety in the Workplace program is designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. This qualification can be tailored to business and individual needs to make the learning experience relevant and fit for purpose.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define the sources of harmful actions
- Explain the reasons for everyone being responsible for safety in the environment
- Recognize that unsafe acts, behaviour and conditions are causes for accidental injuries
- Prepare a job safety analysis and provide job safety instruction
- Conduct thorough accident investigations and complete an in-depth accident report
- Respond urgently to various work accidents and emergencies
Definitions and Overview
- Definitions of Accident, Safety, Health
- World Health Organization (WHO) and OSHA
- Reaching Threshold Limit Values
- Types of Hazards in the Workplace
- Control Methods Used in a Safe Environment
- Accidents Costs and Reporting
Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Objectives of a JSA
- JSA Uses and Benefits
- Procedures to Follow for an Effective JSA
How to Keep Accurate Recordings
- Accidents Investigation, Reporting and Prevention
- Accidents and Injuries at Work
- Identifying Causes of Accidents
- Contributing Causes of Accidents
- Immediate Causes of Accidents
- Effects and Costs of Accidents
- Reporting Requirements
Importance of Prevention
- Management of Health and Safety
- Planning and Setting Objectives
- Organizing to Ensure Accomplishment
Leading to Inspire Action
- Controlling Performance
- Concerns for Management
Proper behaviour in Case of an Accident
- Types of Work Related Accidents
- First Aid Basics and Their Needs
- CPR in an Emergency
- Calling for Help When You Need It
- Safety Audit
- Importance of an Audit
- Benefits of a Safety Audit
- Consequences After the Audit
Ergonomics and Good Posture
- Bad Work Habits and Their Effects
- Negative Effects of Bad Ergonomics
- Correction of Bad Habits
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors and safety professionals who wish to improve their skills and competencies in order to be able to assume their safety responsibilities and effectively carry out their tasks safely in their organization.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.