When HR is trying to improve quality of service, reduce the cost of delivering service, leverage technology more effectively, while improving overall employee lifecycle process efficiency, companies typically begin to explore moving to an HR shared services model.
The leading practice service delivery model for HR has three components:
- Centers of expertise are leveraged for program design and governance
- An HR service center – This typically processes transactions and handles employee and manager inquiries
- The HR business partner who focuses on providing HR support to the day-to-day business operations – This role is embedded within the business, handling employee relations issues, and delivering programmatic content, therefore becoming more in-tune with operations’ workforce needs.
The transformation of the typical HR generalist role to an HR business partner role results in the HR business partner employing a more consultative approach, focusing applying the use of coaching on a variety of HR programs – such as succession planning and leadership and career development, as well as being the HR liaison to the business and the employee when employee relations is a cause of concern.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough comprehension of the nature of Human Resources as a managerial function
- List all HR functions and responsibilities and identify their contributions to organizational success
- Write an HR strategy while ensuring its alignment with the overall organizational strategy
- Measure the contribution of HR to the bottom line
- Assess the effectiveness of the Human Resources function through the use of smart Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and indices
- Demonstrate the methods and measure of a competency framework increasing effectiveness of the HR function
- List the core competencies for an HR professional
Human Resources Management
- Towards a Modern Definition
- The Main Functions in HR Management
- Competency Based HR Management
- HR Deliverables: A Model for Multiple Roles
- HR as Business Partner
- HR Competencies: Moving from Traditional HR to Strategic HR
Strategic Planning in HR
- Pre-Strategy Analysis: SWOT Analysis
- Visions and Missions
- Critical Success Factors
- Key Result Areas and Key Performance Indicators
- Turning Key Performance Indicators into SMART Targets
- Force Field Analysis as a Strategic Tool
HR Management – Competencies
- The Different Competency Components
- Competency Based Recruitment and Selection
- Competency Based Training and Development
- Competency Based Performance Management
Linking HR Strategy with Organization Strategy
- Approaches for Linking HR with the Organization
- Writing HR Strategies
- HR Visions and Missions
- HR Key Result Areas and Key Performance Indicators
- Core Competencies for HR Professionals
Assessing ‘Human Resources’ Effectiveness
- Effectiveness versus Efficiency
- Recruitment and Selection
- Training and Development
- Performance Management
- Compensation and Benefits
- The Overall Effectiveness and Efficiency of HR
- Reporting HR to Top Management
- The HR Scorecard
- Linking HR to Organizational Strategy
- Components of the Balanced Scorecard
- Components of the HR Scorecard
- HR Balanced Results and Key Performance Indicators
Who Should Attend?
- Human Resources managers
- Senior professionals in HR
- Employees who seek to learn how to manage a Human Resources function from a business-partner perspective
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.