This course will enable participants to develop their abilities to identify job functions and conduct effective job analysis and descriptions. Each module will provide knowledge on techniques combined with practice and feedback pertaining to the core objectives of the workshop. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the importance of job descriptions in the wider context of Human Resources
- Conduct a job analysis to obtain information for the preparation of job descriptions and other purposes
- Write job descriptions to cover the wider requirements of Human Resources
- Explain competencies in terms of what they are and how they are used
- Write competency-based job descriptions
Introduction and Overview
- Main Uses of Job Descriptions
- The Linkage of Evaluation to Compensation
- How is Job Evaluation Relevant to Compensation?
- An Overview of the Job Evaluation Process
- Why Are Job Descriptions Important to Job Evaluation?
- Some Questions on Job Analysis
- Responsibilities Job Descriptions
- Job Description Terminology
Purpose and Methods
- Uses of Job Analysis
- Job Analysis Methods
- How Information Requirements Determine the Method
- Job Analysis Forms The Meirc Form Explained
Information and Approach
- Sources of Information on Jobs
- Issues to Consider in Job Analysis
- Job Analysis Interviews
- Preparing for the Job Analysis Interview
- Job Analysis Guidelines
- Suggestions for Carrying Out a Job Analysis Interview
- The Dos and Don’ts of Job Analysis
- Practical Demonstrating the Job Analysis Interview
- Practical Carrying Out the Job Analysis Interview
- Feedback and Recap on Job Analysis
- Overview and Uses
- Job Description Components
- The Difference between Authority and Responsibility
- Job Description Guidelines
- Content Determined by Purpose
- A Meirc Job Description Form Explained
- Practical Writing Job Descriptions
- A Glossary of Terms Used
- Tools and Checklists
- Sample Job Descriptions
- Maintenance of Job Descriptions
Competency-Based Job Descriptions
- Skill-Based Job Descriptions
- Types of Skill-Based Job Descriptions
- Definition of a Competency
- Competency-Based Job Descriptions
- Identifying Critical Competencies
Who Should Attend?
Human Resources professionals working in compensation who need to improve their skills in this field, professionals working in other areas of Human Resources who wish to acquire an intimate knowledge of the job analysis and job description writing processes.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.