This comprehensive Management training course gives a thorough overview of the new skills and techniques you need to master in order to succeed with confidence as a New Manager. We use practical and applicable scenarios to cover the skills required to make the adjustment from working alongside your colleagues to managing and motivating them to work for you. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
- After attending this Management course, you will have the confidence to:
- Start a new role as a manager
- Delegate effectively to your team
- Motivate others
- Manage how others use their time and resources
- Make the switch from working alongside colleagues to managing them
- The Role of the Manager
- Descriptions of the role of manager
- What do effective managers do?
- Action centred leadership
- Management v Leadership
- What makes someone difficult
- The communication process
- Effective communication
- Communication impact
- Verbal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Body Language
- Typical procrastinators & time wasters
- What am I here for?
- Establishing priorities
- The Time Management Grid
- Principles for effective personal time management
- 30 ways to make more time
- Personal action plan
- Managing Others
- What is delegation
- Do you need to delegate more?
- The advantages of delegation
- Why managers don’t delegate
- What to delegate
Performance Management Appraisal
- The managers role
- The performance appraisal cycle
- Setting objectives
- Making objectives SMARTA
- Identifying the different types of conflict & problems
- How do I handle conflict?
- Conflict management styles
- Systematic approach to managing conflict and solving problems
- Skills / attributes for managing conflict
- Some well-established theories of motivation
- Team briefing
- Personal action plan
Who should Attend?
Recently/Newly appointed Managers, individuals in a Young Managers Programme.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.