This course provides conflict resolution training to equip participants with the skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively manage and turn around potentially negative performance situations in the workplace in a clear, assertive and constructive manner. This training course offers practical tips for managers and team leaders aimed at managing conflict at work and introducing an effective conflict management strategy. Learn effective conflict management techniques and resolution strategies to address confrontation in the workplace. This training course focuses on how to improve innovation and develop creative thinking in your workplace. Learn how to develop creativity, innovation and lateral thinking – for individuals and work teams.
By the end of this training course, the participants will have:
- Defined confrontation and their role in managing conflict in the workplace to ensure they maximise individual and team performance
- Identified their preferred style/s in influencing others and managing conflict and the additional strategies that they need to use to successfully resolve the conflict situation
- Demonstrated their skills in resolving conflict and confrontation
- Have identified a plan to apply and enhance their communication skills in the workplace to address existing conflicts
Current strategies for handling conflict in the workplace -Defining confrontation
- Identifying where you focus your attention and energy
- Role of managing conflict in the workplace
- Current conflict resolution strategies
- Presentation, practice sessions in pairs with co-coaching, facilitated group review
Conflict styles -Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
- Recognising different styles of conflict
- Recognising your own preferred way of dealing with conflict
- Identifying the impact of different conflict styles
- Presentation, individual questionnaire and reflection, small group exercise and review
Process for managing conflict -Crosby’s conflict process
- Reviewing different stages of the conflict process
- Recognising contributions and potential conflict management strategies to change outcome
- Presentation, individual reflection and pairs exercise, group review
Influencing and assertiveness styles -The wheel of influencing
- Non-verbal elements of influencing
- Stating wants
- Using consequences
- Suggesting and proposing ideas
- Giving feedback
- Adapting to the situation with integrity
- Presentation, pairs exercise and practice, facilitated group review
Conflict resolution activities -Testing out the use of current and new strategies
- Practice sessions in pairs or trios, facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection -Review of learning and action planning, course feedback
- Individual reflection and action planning exercise, facilitated group review
Who Should Attend?
Applicable to all
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.