The Managing Contractual Claims course has been found extremely beneficial by participants who are involved in Contract related administrative duties. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify and avoid causes for contractual claims and change orders
- Recognize the different types of claims and how to prevent and/or deal with each type
- Apply, through actual situations, the different approaches to claims handling including -Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and litigation
- Practice and discuss, through a project, all aspects of handling and resolving contractual claims and change orders
- Elements of a Contract
- Objectives of Principal and Contractor
- Stages in Contracting
- Variation/Change Order
- Claims and Disputes
- Causes Associated with:
- Contract Documents
- Poor Award Practices
- Poor Contract Administration Practices
- Poor Claim Settlement Procedures and Practices
- Why do Claims Occur – The Red Flags
- Sources of Claims and Change Orders
- Knowing Your Contract
- Scope of Work
- Contract Terms and Conditions
- Basic Concepts in Contract Law:
- Force Majeure
- Breach of Contract
- Payment Terms
- Termination of Contract
- Contract Interpretation
- Risk Management
- Claims Nature and Types
- Performance of Contractor
- Change Management
- Directed Changes
- Constructive Changes
- Cardinal Changes
- Claims – Time and Cost
- Owner’s Claims
- Contractor’s Claims
- Defective Work
- Warranty Claims
- Changed Conditions
- Claim Process and Procedures
- Cost Calculations
- Resolving Claims and Disputes
- Breach of Contract
- Monetary Damages
- Liquidated Damages
- Settlement of Disputes
- Alternative Dispute Resolution:
- Resolution through Legal Means
- Negotiating Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Partnership with Suppliers
- Planning Negotiations
- Negotiation Guidelines
Who should Attend?
Individuals involved in implementing contracts and handling claims and change orders; also those
involved in any step of contract preparation/administration in order for them to appreciate the importance of a well prepared contract.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.