This professional development diploma offers a solid foundation for effective marine accident investigation to prevent future incidents. It uses a ‘no-fault’ and ‘nonregulatory’ approach to discover the root cause(s) enabling participants to complete meaningful and detailed reports.
This programme will give you the expertise required to conduct thorough investigations which could promote improved safety and be of value to you, your employer and the maritime industry.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the relevance of incident and accident investigation and the role of the investigator
- Understand the processes, protocols and conventions for accident investigation
- Describe the methods for gathering data, including interview techniques and conducting analysis
- Gain a good working knowledge of the human factors involved in marine accidents
- Discuss the shipping industry culture as it affects the causes of accidents and their investigation
- Communicate the findings of a marine accident investigation through a detailed report with recommendations
Module 1 – Introduction and Background to Accident Investigation
Module 2 – The Common Causes of Marine Accidents
Module 3 – First Principles of Marine Accident Investigation
Module 4 – Practical Preparation for the Investigation
Module 5 – Investigation Protocol
Module 6 – On Site Risk Assessment and Investigation Management
Module 7 – Data Collection
Module 8 – Analysis of Data
Module 9 – The Investigation Report
Module 10 – Post-Publication of a Marine Accident Report
Module 11 – A Mock Marine Accident Investigation and Report
Who should Attend?
Person(s) who require expertise to conduct thorough investigations which could promote improved safety and be of value to yourself, your employer and the maritime industry as a whole.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.