In this program we will consider how to maximise the use of resources in order to develop the right people at the right time for the future. Having attended this program, you will have gained sufficient knowledge and insights to put them into practice immediately. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
Who Should Attend?
- Manpower planning managers/consultants/supervisors.
- HR. personnel who’s key accountability is manpower planning.
- Succession/Emergency Planners.
- Managers who are interested in succession planning and improving resource management.
- Individuals who have recently experienced the challenges of manpower planning and/or creating the business strategy.
- Facilitators who operate across the business planning functions.
- Introductions, program, objectives and ways of working
- HR models and how to support potential future organisational requirements and structure
- The growing business importance of HR manpower planning (HRMP)
- The pace of change, shaping organisations, work requirements – the effects on today’s organisation
- Trends – expanding, reducing and right sizing; what’s appropriate – use of decision making tools and worked examples
- The four main areas of manpower planning – Strategic focus, Data/analysis, manpower planning and people development including case studies
- Daily review
MANPOWER PLANNING, STRATEGIC FOCUS FROM FIRST PRINCIPALS
- The new HR strategic map explained
- How to create and deploy a strategic template – exercise and case study
- Measuring organisational health including maturity, a trigger for manpower planning activities – case study and exercise
- Converting vision and strategy into workable plans, the collection and analysis of business challenges to trigger appropriate action – including exercise
- Processes for delivering on time and creation of budgets
- Daily review
MANPOWER PLANNING SPECIALIST APPROACH; FORECASTING AND TREND ANALYSIS
- Monitoring and updating strategic trends – case study and exercise
- Use of predictive software to support the supply of talented manpower
- How to measure relationships and understand results – exercises
- The strategy of using unit costs approach to create a winning solution
- Individual performance measurement, exactly how and why competencies are structured the way they are
- Managing expectations and individual’s needs by using objective data from current performance
- Measuring and forecasting individuals future performance using behavioral techniques
- Daily review
MANPOWER SUPPLY – BUSINESS PLANNING AND ASSESSMENT TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES
- Selecting the “right” principal for manpower supply
- Consider three approaches to satisfy short and longer term succession planning requirements
- The use of pre selection techniques for key posts – the role of psychometric testing, emotional intelligence and assessment centres, agreements and individual visual development maps
- Business reviews – why manpower planning should a regular topic for discussion, and where it has an impact – case – study
- Daily review
EXECUTING THE MANPOWER PLANNING PROCESS, AND ENSURING CONNECTION WITH BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS TO MAXIMIZE RETURNS
- The use of management tools and techniques to achieve maximum effect
- Why performance appraisals used in isolation do not work when selecting individuals into development or talent pools
- Reacting to requirements and situations, talent pools, individual selection and head hunting Working within the agreement by the individual and the business in order to achieve the business goals
- How the whole manpower planning process should ‘fit’ together
- Final review and presentation of certificates and CPE points
- Consider a number of strategic models for the successful delivery of manpower planning
- Master and be able to use methods to explore predictive trends and data
- Be able to us data to construct potential outcomes and calculate monetary implications
- Re-energise interviewing techniques, appraisal processes and manpower planning systems
- Create a methodology to present business information effectively
- Be aware of both organisational and individual measurement tools and the links between the two
- Develop individual business techniques in order to manage the manpower planning process
- Examine a number of clearly worked examples from the world of international business for your reference and use back at work
- Plan and implement action plans for yourself and individuals/managers involved in the manpower planning process
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.