An effective mentoring program has produced the most successful leaders of the world today.
During this empowering training course, your team/company will learn the value of mentoring and how it can strengthen leaders. When a mentoring program is implemented, it needs to be worked out effectively. This well-structured program will provide the insight and tools to create and/or improve your organisation’s current mentoring program.
By the end of the program, participants will be display the knowledge of :
- The role of a mentor and the differences between coaching and mentoring
- The competencies of a mentor
- Setting expectations and boundaries for a mentoring program
- Assigning the right mentors to mentees
- The common reasons mentoring programs fail and how to fix them
- Ways to build a successful mentoring program
Introduction and Scope of Mentoring?
- What mentoring should and shouldn’t be
- Understanding the 2 different types of mentoring
- The difference between coaching and mentoring
- Why a company should support a mentoring program
- 6 common reasons why mentoring fails
- The role diversity should play in a mentoring program
- Why it’s vitally important to set expectations and boundaries for a mentoring program
- The 10 most important expectations and boundaries
- Why even mentors need mentors
- The characteristics of excellent mentors
- The benefits and risks of being a mentor
- Discovering what can be offered as a mentor
- How to create a vision for mentoring relationships
Managing mentoring problems
- Special considerations when mentoring from afar
- The 5 top factors that can lead to the decline or premature closure of the mentor relationship
- The 5 stages of a mentor relationship
- How to fix a damaged mentor relationship
- The 4 keys of closure
- The 5 steps to giving meaningful criticism
- Hearing is not Listening
Ways to build a mentoring program
- The 5 most important things a mentee should agree to do in order to make the mentoring relationship work
- How to properly match up mentors with mentees
- Understanding what a mentee needs in a mentoring relationship
- How to identify possible mentor candidates
- How to properly evaluate a mentoring program
- Understanding organisational culture and how it can be passed on to new generations via a mentoring program
- The 10 key steps to successful mentoring
Who Should Attend?
- Organizations interested in finding out more about tools and knowledge required for a successful mentoring program
- Organisations seeking to improve its current mentoring program
- Organisations needing assistance in developing a mentoring program
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course
No Reviews found for this course.