This Succession Planning training program caters to equipping participants with necessary tools for succession planning through effective analysis and management programs. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of this Succession Planning training program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the basics of career development and succession planning
- Distinguish succession planning and management from replacement planning, talent management and human capital management
- Compare traditional and career-planning-oriented HR focus
- Explain employee and employer career development roles
- Examine innovative corporate career development initiatives
- Close the developmental gap by operating and evaluating a succession planning and management program
- Prepare individual development plans and manage career choices
Putting People First
- Putting People Before Numbers
- People’s Wants from Their Organizations
- Organizations’ Wants
- Present Top HR Priorities
- HR Activities: Traditional Focus versus Career Development Focus
The Basics of Career Management and Succession Planning and Management
- Careers Today: The Importance of Development
- Definition of Career Development
- Essential Elements in an Integrated Career Development System
- Definition of Succession Planning
- Main Aims and Reasons for Establishing a Succession Planning and Management System
- Organizational Readiness for Change
Promoting a Development Culture
- Characteristics of a Development Culture
- Career Development as a Change Agent
- Roles and Responsibilities in a Development Culture •Role of Human Resources
•Role of Line Managers
•Role of Top Management
•Role of Developers
Identifying High Potentials
- High Potentials and High Professionals
- Assessing Individual Potential
- Best Practices to Improve the Management of High Potentials
- Qualities of Processes to Spot, Develop, and Retain High Potentials
Career Development: Tools and Methodologies
- Competencies: The Foundation for Career Development
- Coaching: An Essential Managerial Function
- Mentoring: A Must Have System for Career Development
- Career Counselling Services
Developing Internal Successors
- Making the Business Case for Succession Planning and Management
- Starting the Systematic Succession Planning and Management Program
- Refining the Program
- Assessing Present Work Requirements and Individual Job Performance
- Assessing Future Work Requirements and Individual Potential
- Closing the Development Gap – The Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Designing the Individual Development Plan
Who should Attend?
Individuals involved in designing, setting up or controlling career development systems; also, line managers who are involved in, or accountable for, the career development of their staff.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.