While our executive learning programs and courses cater to the needs of professional organizations and individuals seeking capacity building, financial and intellectual growth – our teams have identified several mission areas worldwide where our resources can be utilised to catalyse development in regions facing paucity.
ZOE believes in the need for a healthier and more enabled environment for humanity to thrive. Our team recognizes the need to work towards the socioeconomic development of many countries in the world. We have foot-soldiers in more than 20 less-developed regions who are striving consistently to improve the quality of life in these areas.
ZOE has partnered with associations and institutions across many countries to reach out to indigenous circles there-in, capacitated in professional support services including educational empowerment strategizing, socio-economic and political awareness programs and community development support.
Our partner association in Afghanistan called ATA (Afghan Trust Association) is an exemplar of community-oriented services rendered in this category.
We find that there will be no immediate end for community support that organizations such as ours can offer. Hence, it is our constant endeavour to create more opportunities to deliver developmental programs world-wide, increase our social welfare networking and enhance the capacity of our task-force.
Our social welfare networking program allows you to become a volunteer in regions (preferably in and around your area of residence and work/study) that run developmental camps supported by our teams.
Participating in community service not only makes a difference to the organization and people being served, but also makes a difference to every volunteer’s career prospects.
Participating in community service activities helps to enhance delegates’ resumes by allowing them to obtain work-related skills prior to graduation, builds good references for employers in regards to community involvement, and prepares a base to network with future potential employers. It also offers individuals develop civic and social responsibility skills and become more aware of what their community needs.
We find that community development volunteering has life enhancing and lasting benefits. To list a few,
- Engaging in community service allows volunteers the opportunity to become active members of community and has a lasting, positive impact on society holistically.
- The developmental work a volunteer engages in gives them a unique experience in that particular field, increasing their opportunities largely of professional practicing the learnt skill in the future. (For e.g. small and large group facilitation, audio-visual support, team-briefing, organising and classifying data, administration skills, report-writing, planning and strategizing etc.)
- Community developmental support increases overall life satisfaction and helps one feel good about oneself simply because by offering professional services to another, we are lifting them to a whole new level of thought and ability. Our volunteers have reported decreases stress and depression as a result of their participation in developmental support.
- Volunteering engages people with the community, creates special bonds with the population being served, and increases social awareness and responsibility.
- Volunteering assists individuals enhance their personal knowledge and cognitive skills, grow from new experiences, and develop better interpersonal communication skills.