Continuous improvement is an ongoing effort for organisations to enhance their products, services and/or processes. It ranges from small incremental changes to major improvements over time to achieve a positive impact on quality, productivity, costs, etc. The 5S continuous improvement system consists of five phases or principles referring to five dimensions of workplace optimisations, such as Seiri (sort), Seiton (set in order), Seiso (shine), Sei Ketsu (standardise) and Shit Suke (sustain).
It is a useful improvement tool to guide enhancement. How does the system help? The system describes how to organise a workspace for efficiency and effectiveness by identifying and storing items, maintaining the workspace and storage spaces and sustaining the new storage forms. It helps build discipline and understanding among employees about their work.
In some segments, 5S has now extended to 6S, ‘safety’ is the additional aspect. Since the 5S continuous improvement system is a structured guide to create and maintain an organized, safe, clean and high-performing work environment, it is important that organisations focus on training employees to thoroughly understand this.
This Zoe training course will empower you with complete knowledge and understanding of the 5S continuous improvement system. Through this course, you will not only gain knowledge and information about a universally accepted, standard process of workspace and data organisation but also be able to drive its implementation within your organisation.
This will, in turn, provide multiple opportunities to demonstrate your talent and potential, thereby contributing to your growth. Understanding a universal standard will also increase avenues for new, related opportunities in other organisations.
The main objective of this 5S Training Certification training course is to empower professionals with—
- complete knowledge and understanding of the 5S continuous improvement system
- the required skills and confidence to drive its implementation organisation-wide, thus demonstrating talent and potential to facilitate faster career growth and progression
- the adequate knowledge and confidence to train other professionals on the 5S continuous improvement system
- the confidence, skill set and experience to help the organisation streamline data maintenance and storage and improve the working environment for employees
- the skill and potential to drive the organisation towards adopting and following universal standards for data maintenance and storage as well as work environment quality, thus increasing credibility and branding for the organisation
- the required skill, understanding and experience of international, universally accepted standards for storage and organisation of data and the workspace, thus building capabilities and abilities to work in any other organisation or industry
- the experience and skill to contribute to effective data management and quick information retrieval for effective decision making in the organisation
- a sense of pride and satisfaction to contribute to driving and implementing a sense of discipline and conduct throughout the organisation
Zoe Talent Solutions lays focus on the complete relevance of the training content to the audience. Thus, each course is reviewed thoroughly before commencement of a training session to check and make necessary changes to optimise relevance. Training is delivered by an experienced trainer using audio-visual presentations.
Trainee participation is encouraged through group activities and assignments. Experiential learning is encouraged, with trainees sharing real issues of their workplaces, which the trainer then discusses in detail with reference to the training content.
This Zoe Talent Solutions course follows the unique Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
By professionals undertaking this 5S Training Certification Course, their organisations will derive the following benefits:
- Experienced and trained employees to drive the implementation and maintenance of the 5S continuous improvement system
- Increased credibility because of alignment with a universally accepted concept of data storage and workplace organisation
- Faster information and data retrieval because of organised storage and maintenance of files and data
- Increased employee satisfaction because of improvement and organisation of their work environment
- Free and regular training of other employees to follow the 5S continuous improvement system
- Regular audits for checking and correcting workplace discipline and conduct as well as data storage to help align to international expectations and standards
By undertaking this 5S Training Certification Course, professionals will derive the following benefits:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the 5S continuous improvement system
- Increased experience and knowledge about a universally accepted data management and workplace organisation concept, thus increasing one’s avenues and opportunities for career progression in any organisation or industry
- Greater confidence, knowledge and experience to train other professionals to follow the 5S continuous improvement system
- Increased understanding, skill and confidence to conduct regular audits to check implementation of the 5S continuous improvement system across all departments in one’s organisation
- Increased confidence, experience and skill to drive complete implementation of the 5S continuous improvement system in one’s organisation, thus contributing to organisational credibility
- Enhanced understanding and perspective to devise effective ways and strategies for safe and efficient data storage and organisation of the work environment, thus facilitating readily available information
- A sense of satisfaction and pride to contribute to organisational credibility and increased employee satisfaction by influencing positive changes in the workplace environment
Who Should Attend?
- Senior management of an organisation who need to understand the effectiveness and importance of implementing the 5S continuous improvement system organisation-wide
- Managers and team members of the administration and infrastructure teams of organisations who handle data and are responsible for the work environment
- Finance team managers and members who need to carefully maintain and store critical data and files and maintain a clean work environment
- Other managers of an organisation who need to drive the 5S continuous improvement system within their teams
- Auditors and compliance experts who conduct audits for information security and quality management influenced by data organisation and workplace cleanliness and efficiency
- Any other professional who would like to know more about 5S continuous improvement
The 5S Training Certification Course covers the following topics related to 5S continuous improvement:
Module 1 – 5S Principles/Phases
- Set in order
Module 2 – Sorting Strategies
- Necessary material storage
- Unusable, broken items removal
- Standard definition of waste disposal
- Files/Data archival
Module 3 – Setting-in-Order Strategies
- Open storage systems
- Equipment positions
- Labelled cabinets, storage bins, etc.
- Item storage by usage frequency
- Minimum and maximum levels of stock
- Storage area outlining and labelling
Module 4 – Shining Strategies
- Dirt, clutter, etc. elimination
- Work area, tools and equipment cleaning
- Waste disposal area identification and cleaning
- Workplace division into zones
- Duty schedules and responsibilities
- Cleaning inspection checklists
Module 5 – Standardising Strategies
- Procedures/schedules for implementation consistency
- Dynamic work structure
- Awareness of sorting, organising, cleaning responsibilities
- Status review of 5S implementation
- Machine cleaning/lubrication check sheets
Module 6 – Sustaining Strategies
- Health and safety integration
- Audit result communication
- Metrics for results
- Reward and recognition
Module 7 – 5S Implementation Steps
- Team/team lead establishment
- Understanding of implementation objectives
- 5S training
- Current situation evaluation
- Data collection
- Improvement plan
- Resource and finance estimates
- Plan implementation
- Outcome communication
- Reward and recognition
- Control plan
Module 8 – 5S Benefits
- Improved efficiency and quality
- Reduced storage space
- Improved maintenance and safety
- Greater employee satisfaction
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.