This accounts payable from accounting to management training course enables participants to identify the scope and function of AP (Accounts Payable) and assess and evaluate it in detail.
By the end of this accounts payable from accounting to management training program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the function of Accounts Payable (AP) and its role in organizations
- Take a successful lead in the management of Accounts Payable
- Assess AP operations and processes and recommend improvements using the latest best practices
- Apply accounting principles related to Accounts Payable
- Evaluate main issues affecting AP staff in order to increase their efficiency and productivity
- The Important Role of Accounts Payable (AP)
- The Meaning of Managing Accounts Payable
- The Functions of Management
- The Big Picture: Accounts Payable and the Financial Health of Organizations
- The Functions of the Accounts Payable Department and Role of AP Staff
- Accounts Payable and Cash Management
- Accounting Essentials for Accounts Payable
- Accounts Payable Terminology
- General Ledger and Sub-Ledger
- Preparing for Month End Close and Accruals
- Accounts Payable Processes and Best Practices
- Invoice Handling and Routing
- The Three-Way Matching
- Methods of Payment Processing
- Maintaining the Vendor Master File
- Travel and Entertainment (T&E)
- Procurement Cards (P-Cards)
- Electronic Payment Options
- Key Topics in Accounts Payable Management
- Operational Analysis and Benchmarking
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Developing Performance Metrics
- Applying Best Practices in your Organization
- Identifying Proper Internal Controls
- The Annual Audit as an Added Value
- Impact of AP Outsourcing
- Detecting Fraud in Accounts Payable
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- The Behavioural Side of Managing Accounts Payable Department
- Improving the Image of AP Department
- Ways to Motivate AP Staff
- Organizing the AP Department
- Closing the Communication Gap
- Dealing with Internal and External Disputes
- Importance of Internal Customer Service
- Providing Customer Service to Vendors
Who should attend?
Managers of Accounts Payable departments as well as AP staff, clerks, and specialists who wish to advance their career. The program is also beneficial to professionals in accounting, finance, purchasing and procurement who work closely with Accounts Payable.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.