Become a better communicator through a range of techniques to use to improve the ability to listen within your organisation with our Active Listening Skills training course. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the Active Listening Skills training course, attendees will be able to:
- Analyse and have an increased understanding of the techniques of effective listening
- Discuss the skills of communication and focus on the art of listening
- Apply their new skills actively in the working environment
- Identify a Range of Verbal and Non-verbal Factors which Affect Others
- Examine Current Work Relationships and Identify Problem Areas
- Explore and Satisfy Individual Needs; Personal Barriers
- The First Impression
- The Importance of the Initial Stages of Conversation
- How a Lack of Listening at this Stage can Prove to be Damaging
- The use of Eyes and Acknowledgement Tools
- Learning to be Controlled when Confronted with a Passive Listener
- The Tendency to Over-compensate with Un-needed Phrases and Words
- Holding the Listener’s Gaze
- Appropriate Expressions and Kinetics
- Supportive Acknowledgement Responses
- Keeping the Speaker at Ease
- Background Interference
- How Misunderstandings, Misconceptions and Poor Judgement are the Probable Outcome of Interference
- Judgemental Interference
- Critical Responses
- Selective Listening, Rephrasing Pertinent Points and Returning them to the Speaker
- Using Reflective Listening in Conjunction with Passive Listening and Acknowledgement Responses
- The Prevention of Misunderstanding
- The Essence of Communication in Listening
- Reading and Understanding
- The Fundamental Advantage of Reflective Listening
Practical Application At Work:
- How to Apply a Listening Style
- Participants Agree upon Methods of Implementation and Discuss their own Strengths and Weaknesses as Listeners
Who should Attend?
People looking to improve their communication skills at work through developing their listening skills, anybody including senior managers who want to improve employee relationships.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.