Maintenance managers and engineers face a big challenge today to do their jobs as the industry is in a fight to survive and competition is on international levels. In addition to technological growth that accelerates too fast, in a way its proof that change is not an option in the industry.
Why should you consider Advanced Maintenance Management Course? Effective management and leadership are essential to the success of any organization, maintenance practices included. In large part, it is about identifying opportunities and taking advantage of them to the benefit of the organization.
Maintenance, from those starting out to those winding down, are faced with a myriad of issues and concerns—and these issues and concerns get more acute as the market for maintenance management becomes increasingly sophisticated, competitive and global.
For a maintenance practice to succeed in today’s competitive marketplace, it has to cope with and manage these issues. Maintenance strategy, policy and technology are continually evolving, and their practice management needs constant changing.
To help improve the management and operational efficiency of practices, especially maintenance departments, this Zoe course is intended to help those managing maintenance practices to address opportunities and challenges; improve their competitiveness, profitability, and sustainability; enhance their expertise, competence, and efficiency; create an environment conducive to the provision of high-quality services; and showcase global best practices and latest maintenance management techniques.
After completing this Advanced Maintenance Management Course, participants will be able to:
- Leverage the value and usefulness of strategy and strategic planning
- Create and implement a robust business strategy
- Analyse options and make choices in setting goals and objectives
- Aligning and linking strategic and operational management
- Explore where the best opportunities will be found in the future
- Develop and cultivate a highly focused strategy to take the best opportunities
- Concentrate resources and actions to sustain competitiveness
- Formulate insights into strategic planning problems
- Manage the key processes of strategic change
- Implement strategic plans effectively
- Develop an operational plan to carry and move through on the vision
- Monitor and measure performance
This collaborative Advanced Maintenance Management Certification Course will comprise the following training methods:
- Seminars & Presentations
- Group Discussions
- Case Studies & Functional Exercises
Zoe Talent Solutions follows the ‘Do-Review-Learn-Apply’ model.
Companies who nominate their employees to participate in this Advanced Maintenance Management Certification Course can benefit in the following ways:
- The ISO Factor: Many companies are implementing ISO as a maintenance system which is now a requirement under ISO 9002
- The Productivity Factor: In an effort to have an advantage over their competitors, many companies are turning toward CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) and also TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)
- The Cost Factor: A successful and effective maintenance management program results in savings in maintenance time and costs, increases productivity
- Review and assess the critical operational requirements for successful planning and control of the maintenance work
- Use the precise Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the measurement and evaluation of the maintenance department
Individuals who participate in this Advanced Maintenance Management Certification Course can gain from it in the following ways:
- New and Modern concepts, techniques and strategies in maintenance management
- Leadership & Managerial capabilities to improve the performance of maintenance units
- Concepts and techniques necessary for effectively planning, scheduling and controlling maintenance activities
- Manage and administer routine, corrective, as well as large scale preventive maintenance activities
Who Should Attend?
This Advanced Maintenance Management Certification Course would be suitable for:
- All Professionals who are employed in the Maintenance department and want to learn advanced techniques on maintenance management
- Maintenance operations teams
- Maintenance supervisors
- Maintenance engineers
- Maintenance team leaders and managers
- Operations team leaders and managers
Module 1 – The Manager’s Role in the Workplace
- What is Management?
- Manager or Supervisor – What’s the difference?
- 5 skills of the management process
- How are managerial levels different?
- Manager Tips
- Management Principles
- Managerial job roles
- Managers Goals
- How is Managerial Performance judged?
Module 2 – Strategic Planning for Goal Achievement
- What is Planning all about?
- Who is responsible for planning? – Planning levels
- Mission, Vision, and Value Statements
- Strategic Plan
- Goals, Objectives, Policies, Procedures, and Standards
- Forms of Planning
– Strategic Planning
– Tactical Planning
– Operational Planning
– Contingency Planning
- Planning tools
– Analytical tools
* Needs Assessment
* SWOT Analysis
* PEST Analysis
* PESTLE Analysis
– Organizational tools
* Project Plan
* PERT Chart
* Gantt Chart
- The building, adapting and communicating strategy
Module 3 – Maintenance of World-Class Concept and Level
- Maintenance maturity and evolution
- Maintenance Strategy; vision, mission, goals and objectives
- Maintenance organization “roles & responsibilities”
- RACI Model for maintenance
- Work management and Workflow
Module 4 – Visionary Leadership Traits
- Leader Vs. Manager
- Basic skills
- Levels of leadership
- Situational Leadership
- SWOT and PESTLE Analysis
- Strategic issues
- Culture change
- Empowering leadership
Module 5 – Strategic Implementation and Receiving the Value out of Strategy
- Alignment of Strategy, Culture, Structure and People
- Effective Execution – converting and translating strategic analysis and planning into action
- Aligning and Linking Strategy with Operational Objectives
- Implementation – getting practical things done
- Creating Tomorrow’s Organization out of Today’s Organization
- Strategic Planning at a Personal Level
- Overview: The Complete Strategy Process
Module 6 – Controlling to Improve Results
- What is Control?
- The control process
- The control pyramid
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Definition and Purpose
- Guiding Principles
- Maintenance & Reliability KPI
- Balanced Score Cards