Warehouse management does not just deal with the storage of goods but also has implications on risk-bearing and management, pricing, etc. What does advanced warehouse management entail? Advanced warehouse management involves controlling various aspects of warehouse operations, from receiving and storing items to retrieving and shipping them.
Advanced warehouse management is an integral part of manufacturing and distribution processes, in conjunction with inventory management. It mainly aims to maximise warehouse efficiencies, reduce operating costs and ensure customer satisfaction.
Further, advanced warehouse management includes functionalities to optimise stock, while increasing the efficiency of staff and accuracy of inventory, and includes key processes involving workflows, inventory counting, etc.
This Zoe training course will empower you with complete understanding and knowledge of advanced warehouse management. Through this certification course, you will learn advanced ways of managing warehouse operations to increase the overall performance of warehouse staff.
This course will provide you with the confidence and experience to independently and successfully manage complex warehouse operations and successfully complete them, thereby demonstrating your skill and potential and setting the way for further growth and progression in your career.
The main objective of this training course is to empower professionals with—
- complete knowledge and information about advanced warehouse management
- the required skill and confidence to independently drive and manage complex warehouse operations
- the necessary confidence, experience and knowledge to train other professionals on advanced warehouse management
- the ability and capabilities to audit existing processes and make changes to enhance the overall performance of the warehouse, thereby contributing to growth and development
- the skillset and capability to acquire complete control and tracking of processes across warehouse operations through automation and mechanisation
- the knowledge and experience to introduce operational transparency, thereby helping implementation and execution of leaner processes within the organisation
- the overall skillset and capabilities required to manage complex warehouse operations successfully in any organisation or industry, thereby increasing avenues for growth and progression
Courses at Zoe Talent Solutions are reviewed before each training session to check for relevance of the training content to the training audience. Training is delivered by a highly experienced professional from the relevant domain.
Two-way participation is encouraged through group activities and assignments, and relevant case studies are discussed to help the trainees relate the training content to practical scenarios. The trainees are also assigned sample projects during the course of the training.
The above format of training is as per Zoe Talent Solutions’ innovative training format called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
By professionals undertaking this Advanced Warehouse Management Certification Course, their organisations will derive the following benefits:
- Trained and experienced employees to manage complex warehouse operations effectively
- Automation and mechanisation of various processes to reduce human intervention and increase accuracy
- Better risk assessment and management by advanced processes and techniques to ensure safety of goods
- Increased credibility and brand value because of better success in managing complex operations through automation and reduced risks
- Operational transparency because of automated processes across the warehouse operations
- Increased inventory accuracy and better safety of good storage over prolonged periods of time
- Organisational development because of increased transparency and credibility
- Complete control and visibility of various stages of a process or across processes, thus ensuring regular checks to identify gaps in advance and take corrective action before they escalate
By undertaking this training course, professionals will derive the following benefits:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of advanced warehouse management
- Increased confidence, experience and knowledge to train other professionals on advanced warehouse management
- Enhanced skillset and capabilities to independently drive and manage complex warehouse processes effectively, thereby demonstrating potential and inviting further opportunities for growth and development through higher roles and responsibilities
- Greater knowledge, confidence and experience to audit current warehouse processes and make corrections or introduce changes, if needed, to enhance the overall performance of warehouse operations, thereby contributing to growth and development of the organisation
- Increased ability, skill and capabilities to introduce and maintain complete control of warehouse processes through maximum automation and mechanisation of processes and systems
- Greater understanding and information to ensure operational transparency, thereby introducing leaner operations within the organisation
- Enhanced skill set and capabilities to effectively and successfully manage complex warehouse operations across any organisation or industry, thus increasing avenues for career growth and progression
Who Should Attend?
- Operational and functional managers and supervisors of warehouse operations who need to be competent to handle complex operations with ease and accuracy
- Senior management of the organisation who should understand warehouse operations or effective management and storage support in detail
- Warehouse staff and employees performing the various activities for operations within
- Internal and external auditors who need to understand the level of operations and steps taken for complete processes to audit and make decisions or convey results accordingly
- Inventory and logistics supervisors whose job role specifically concerns inventory management and overall logistic assessment
- Any other professional who would like to know more about advanced warehouse management
The course covers the following topics related to advanced warehouse management:
Module 1 – Key Features of Advanced Warehouse Management
- Picking and packing
- Wave processing
- Inventory counting
- Mobile communication
- Material handling
- Support for cross-docking
- Sales order return management
- Enhanced reservation hierarchy
Module 2 – Features of Warehouse Management Systems
- Warehouse design
- Inventory tracking
- Receiving and put-away
- Picking and packing goods
- Labour management
- Yard and dock management
Module 3 – Types of Inventory Control Systems
- Perpetual inventory system
- Periodic inventory system
- Barcode inventory system
- Radio-frequency identification (RFID) inventory system
Module 4 – Benefits of an Advanced Warehouse Management System
- Reduced inventory costs
- Reduced labour costs
- Increased storage capacity
- Increased inventory accuracy
- Complete process control
- Advanced functionality
- Operational transparency
- Integrated labour management
Module 5 – Features Influencing the Choice of Warehouse Location
- Desired customer base
- Proximity to carrier services
- Storage requirements
- Workforce availability
Module 6 – Factors Influencing Warehouse Design and Layout
- Circulation of goods
Module 7 – Aspects Considered When Designing Warehouse Layouts
- Make most of available space
- Reduce handling of goods to a minimum
- Provide easy access to the stored product
- Ensure highest rotation ratio
- Offer maximum flexibility in product positioning
- Control amounts stored
Module 8 – Common Warehouse Inventory Issues
- Inaccurate quantities
- Product identification
Module 9 – Challenges to Warehouse Management
- Managing warehouse space and layout
- Time management
- Inventory accuracy and tracking
- Customer expectations
- Redundant processes
- Product diversification
- Product picking
- Inaccurate purchase orders
- Handling product damages
- Managing demand fluctuations
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.