What’s the one essential communication skill that is equally useful in a social setting as much as it is in an official environment? – That’s right, it is the ability to strike the right balance of positive and result-orientation in communication.
At Zoe, we call this balance the ‘Art of Assertive Conversation’. This art forms the foundation of all collaborative communication. Assertiveness in communication stems from assertiveness in behaviour, and therefore this seemingly understandable skill is far deeper rooted than it might appear.
The success of assertive communication lies in an individual’s ability to fully imbibe assertiveness in their mindset first. Assertiveness is often viewed as rude or stern. However, it is aggressive or passive communication styles that bring out misleading outcomes in communication.
The business of the 21st century is one that appreciates and rewards assertive, authentic and positive relationships established through sincere communication. Therefore, we at Zoe take a special interest in making sure that our delegates learn to synchronise all aspects of their communication to reflect a genuine message.
Our highly experienced and proficient facilitators will provide personalised and real-time feedback to each participant, assisting a meaningful growth in their development.
Our Assertive Communication Training Course has helped several executives, managers, government employees and business owners acquire a paradigm shift in their mindset, thus allowing a breakthrough from their redundant communication exhibit.
Our post-training analysis records a display of positive assertive communication in all our participants, empowering them to embrace a higher level of success every day.
This Zoe training course will thus empower you to become an expert in communication. Through this course, you will be able to apply advanced communication techniques and also role-model this ability to mentor others by example.
By ensuring the application of all elements of a good communicator, you will attract a high level of excellence, as desired. You will resultantly be better positioned to contribute to your organisation in your interactions with your stakeholders and your customer.
The main objective of this course is to empower professionals with—
- the ability to reach a higher level of competence in assertive communication
- real-time feedback on their spoken communication aligned with assertiveness in 21st-century communication
- the ability to recognise language and vocal aspects that do not align with assertive communication
- capability to correct these errors and self-improvise
- understanding of the requisites of an assertive (positive and collaborative) communicator
- ability to express ideas assertively on any subject
- the skill to initiate conversations, offer feedback, respond to criticism and compliment people assertively
- understanding of the potential of assertive listening, questioning and acknowledging the other
Zoe Talent Solutions purposes training courses to cater to our training audience and their unique professional background and experience. Classroom sessions with presentations by a highly experienced facilitator form a major part of our training programmes. We inspire trainee participation through group discussions, role-plays, group activities, evaluations and more.
Trainees are also entreated to share their experiences, concerns, apprehensions and best practices from their respective organisations, which are facilitated by the trainer to enhance learning for the entire participant group.
Zoe Talent Solutions’ follows its unique training methodology of Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose professionals undertake this course will benefit in many ways as follows:
- Individuals become excellent at assertive communication and their skills will reflect positively for your business
- More calibration in collaborative communication, aligned with the brand values of your organization
- Greater respect for the individual, the organisation and brand value
- Increased demand for the goods and services your organization offers in diverse markets
- The decrease in conflicts over instructions and ambiguous communication
- Market credibility increase owing to stakeholder recommendations
- Improved individual performance owing to the higher understanding and exhibiting of assertiveness in communication and a positive sense of esteem for the organization
- Better dispute management, owing to a keen awareness of human behaviour
- Lower attrition as individuals participating will feel invested in, listened to, valued and motivated
Professionals attending this course will benefit at an in-depth level in the following ways:
- A clear understanding of the role of assertive communication in professional interactions
- An increased awareness of one’s ability to understand human behaviours and their effect and impact on communication styles
- Access to videos and practice sessions exclusively owned and run by Zoe Talent Solutions
- Ability to identify one’s area of opportunity to recognise and correct common mistakes in ‘what’ is said and ‘how’ they say it
- Understanding the impact of not being assertive in business and personal communication
- A sense of accomplishment contributing to a steady application of assertive communication techniques
- Overall improvement in individual performance and relationships, owing to increased competency in communication
- The ability to role-model assertive communication in the organisation for subordinates to observe and imitate
- Ability to employ assertiveness and positive body language to show-case a standard of excellence
Who Should Attend?
- Presidents, Vice-presidents and Senior Management who are looking to increase their knowledge and skill in Assertive Communication
- Managers, Secretaries and Team Leaders across industries
- Administration executives responsible for communicating to different sectors of the business
- Executives who need assertive communication skills
- Trainers, teaching staff, educators and administrators responsible for interacting with students and faculty
- Human Resource Managers, Executives and Leaders responsible for employee engagement, performance and organisational development
- Government officials responsible for communication and administration in government sectors
- Hospital staff, support staff in volunteer camps and faculty communicating with external stakeholders
- Any other professional who would like to improve their ability to communicate assertively
The course will cover the following areas that are imperative in understanding the importance of Assertive Communication Skills and increasing the participants’ ability to practice Assertiveness effectively.
Module 1 – Communication in the 21st Century
- Communication in the 21st Century
- Role of an Effective Communicator
- Good vs Bad Communication
- Impact of a Biased Communication
- Assess your Communication Style
Module 2 – Behaviours & Communication Styles
- Role of Behaviours in Communication
- Passive Communication
- Aggressive Communication
- Assertiveness in Communication
- Choose your Communication Style
- Practice (Role-plays) & Feedback
Module 3 – Why Assertive Communication?
- What is Assertiveness?
- Merits of Assertive Communication
- Risks of Assertive Communication
- Saying NO Assertively
- Practice and Feedback
Module 4 – Becoming an Assertive Communicator
- Achieving a Balance
- Word Choice
- Positive Language
- Applying Assertiveness in Tone
- Practice Activities & Feedback
Module 5 – Assertive Body Language
- Introduction to Visual Communication
- First Impressions
- Body Language in a Virtual Set-up
- Posture and Poise
Module 6 – Assertive Listening
- Introduction to Listening
- What is Empathetic Listening?
- Tips to Become an Assertive Listener
- Barriers to Effective Listening
- Interruptions and Pauses
- Practice Exercises & Feedback
Module 7 – Elements of Assertiveness
- The Power of Confidence
- Delivering a Clear Message
- Empathy and Acknowledgement
- Emotional Intelligence
- Worksheets and Practice
Module 8 – Assertiveness at the Workplace
- Assertiveness and Problem Solving
- Expressing an Opinion
- Criticism and Compliments
- Assertiveness and Productivity
- Managing Upwards
- Summary & Feedback