This course focuses mainly on helping you build confidence, communicate better and achieve your goals. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of this one day training course, the participants will have:
- Recognised the three main categories of behaviour, their advantages and disadvantages and how to best respond to them
- Tried a wide range of assertiveness techniques to help them to become more assertive in the workplace
- Created an action plan to enable them to build on their new assertiveness skills going forward
Introducing the Assertiveness Skills Toolkit -Facilitator presentation and participant personal introductions
Understanding what makes people assertive and their benefits -Types of behaviours
- Benefits, advantages, and disadvantages of each type of behaviour
- Internal beliefs and their impact
- Rights and responsibilities
- Expressing your desired outcome
- Rotating flipchart group work, facilitated group review, individual questionnaire, pairs exercise and group discussion
Using assertive communication -Words and phrases to avoid
- Positive phrasing
- Importance and impact of positive body language and voice tone
- Updating the Assertiveness Skills Toolkit
- Practice writing assertive response on personal scenario
- Demonstration and presentation, individual and pairs exercise and practice, facilitated group review
Further techniques for developing assertiveness -Fogging and broken record technique
- Ways of saying ‘no’
- Giving feedback
- Presentation, Metaplanning and small group exercise, facilitated group review
Responding to other behavioural styles -Appreciating the impact of the different styles of behaviour on each other
- Strategies for responding to different behaviour styles
- Resolving conflict in a constructive way
- Facilitator presentation, small group exercise, facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection -Review of learning and action planning, course feedback
- Individual reflection and action planning exercise facilitated group review
Who Should Attend?
Individuals looking to take more control of their working and/or personal life by finding strategies for being more confident and assertive in achieving their desired outcome when communicating with others.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.