Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) is a strategy developed by Siemens that emphasizes the seamless integration of automation products. The TIA strategy incorporates a wide variety of automation products such as programmable controllers, computer numerical controls, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), and drives, easily connected via open protocol networks
An important aspect of TIA is the ability of devices to communicate with each other over various network protocols, such as Ethernet and PROFIBUS DP. PROFIBUS DP is an open bus standard for a wide range of applications in various manufacturing and automation applications. Siemens AC drives can easily communicate with other control devices such as programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and personal computers (PCs) through the PROFIBUS-DP communication system and other various protocols.
This knowledge will help you better understand and analyse customer applications. In addition, you will be able to describe products to customers and determine important differences between products. You should complete Basics of Electricity before attempting Basics of AC Drives. An understanding of many of the concepts covered in Basics of Electricity is required for Basics of AC Drives.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to :
- Explain the concept of force, inertia, speed, and torque
- Explain the difference between work and power
- Describe the construction of a squirrel cage AC motor
- Identify the nameplate information of an AC motor
necessary for application to an AC Drive
- Describe the operation of a three-phase rotating magnetic
- Calculate synchronous speed, slip, and rotor speed
- Describe the relationship between V/Hz, torque, and
- Describe the basic construction and operation of a PWM
type AC drive
- Describe features and operation of the Siemens
- MICROMASTER and MASTERDRIVE VC
- Describe the characteristics of constant torque, constant
horsepower, and variable torque applications
- Introduction to T I A
- Presentation of the Various Systems
- The SIMATIC PLC- Controllers
- SIMATIC S7-200
- SIMATIC S7-300
- SIMATIC S7-400
- Industrial Communication
- Industrial Ethernet
- AS- Interface
- Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- SIMATIC Industry Software
- STEP 7
- Sequencer programming S7-GRAPH
- State control S7-HiGRAPH
- High-level language S7-SCL
- Soft- PLC SIMATIC WinAC Basis
- SIMATIC ProTool/Pro
- HMI SIMATIC WinCC
- Process control system PCS 7
- Drive Technology
- Operation- and Installation Technology
Who should Attend?
No special requirements for the execution of this module since no practical application is required during the course.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.