|19 Sep - 21 Sep, 2022||Live Online||3 Days||$1750||Register|
|19 Dec - 23 Dec, 2022||Live Online||5 Days||$2150||Register|
|30 Jan - 03 Feb, 2023||Live Online||5 Days||$2250||Register|
|28 May - 08 Jun, 2023||Live Online||5 Days||$2250||Register|
|14 Aug - 18 Aug, 2023||Live Online||5 Days||$2250||Register|
|22 Oct - 26 Oct, 2023||Live Online||5 Days||$2250||Register|
|12 Sep - 16 Sep, 2022||London||5 Days||$5695||Register|
|04 Dec - 15 Dec, 2022||Dubai||10 Days||$6750||Register|
|06 Mar - 10 Mar, 2023||Amsterdam||5 Days||$5695||Register|
|03 Apr - 07 Apr, 2023||Dubai||5 Days||$4750||Register|
|10 Jul - 21 Jul, 2023||Paris||10 Days||$9850||Register|
|06 Nov - 24 Nov, 2023||Geneva||15 Days||$14925||Register|
What is financial management?
Financial management and control involve planning, designing, directing and controlling the financial matters of the organization. The financial management principles are used for financial assets management of the organization and fiscal side control and management. The importance of financial management in oil and gas companies is higher due to variability in cost, risk, and unpredictable oil and gas market.
The oil and gas market’s overall price and financial uncertainty can be tackled using better financial management. Efficient financial management in the oil and gas sector causes better financial planning, forecasting, utilizing, and acquiring funds. Critical financial decisions usually have future repercussions and cannot be taken without detailed knowledge.
What is the main purpose of financial management?
Financial management expertise helps a person improve organization profitability, give value, and provide greater economic stability. Understanding the financial impact of the decisions and their contribution to the profitable operation of the company is essential. Detailed knowledge of accounting in oil and gas is taught in this course with the discussion on tools and methods of financial analysis and control methods.
This Zoe training on financial management will empower you with the complete skill set to become a successful expert in financial management specifically designed for Oil and gas sector. The training covers all critical financial aspects of the oil and gas industry in detail, providing an extensive learning experience so that the learner becomes confident to do financial responsibilities. The trainer will adopt the two-way communication strategy by interacting with course attendees using question answers, solving practical case studies related to the oil and gas sector, group tasks and individual counselling if required. Every session is designed so that the trainer repeats important topics of past days and then moves forward. This course will also allow you to showcase your skills and get multiple growth opportunities across many organizations.
The main objective of this training course is to empower professionals with an in-depth understanding in the following areas—
- A comprehensive financial view of all aspects of crude oil and gas analysis
- The required knowledge and skills to train others in crude oil analysts and traders
- Complete clarity on various important aspects and concepts related to crude oil analysis, with a comprehensive understanding of financial implications
- The necessary confidence, experience and knowledge about crude oil project initialization and funding.
- The awareness and understanding to identify any challenges faced during the analysis of financial matters.
- The ability and potential to promote organizational growth and development by fostering better credibility and goodwill for the organization
- The required understanding and information of financial management is not specific to oil and gas but also contains basic knowledge of finance and accounting.
- Enhanced financial skills to identify appropriate data and draw valuable conclusions to help define better growth strategies
All courses at Zoe Talent Solutions are designed to match the level of the training audience. Before the start of each session, the teaching material is thoroughly reviewed to check the changes needed according to the level of attendees’ level of understanding. The training/course is taught by an experienced and professional equipped in the relevant domain. The method of two-way interaction is used in the program to encourage the audience through question-answers, group work, projects, role-plays, studying case studies related to financing in oil and gas, etc. Experiential learning and situational analysis form an integral part of this course/training as the trainer will ask attendees about financial problems in their own companies for discussion and solution. This mixed and unique way of training by Zoe Talent Solutions is known as Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
The concerned organization will gain the following benefits from the course:
- Adequate financial support in organization for front-line departments
- Better financial planning, budgeting, resource modelling and forecasting
- Better arrangement of finance for new projects and ongoing work
- More significant role of financial and management information in decision making
- Strategic matters and thinking are more focused on better financial control and management
- Long term improvement in financial statements of organization, collaborations and joint venture
- Greater financial knowledge will decrease the burden on the finance manager and chief financial officer
- The trained employees are prepared for the future preparation for increased responsibility
Professionals taking this training will derive the following benefit:
- A better understanding of financial and accounting which is the heart of every organization
- Greater awareness of the oil and gas industry financial practices, software, problems and solutions
- Increased knowledge of oil industry organization financial structure and working
- Greater self-believe and confidence to freely work on finance and accounts
- More chances of job switching and promotion as finance and accounting are necessary for higher-level jobs
- Increase in job pay-out and job satisfaction by giving quality work to management
- Greater ability and vision to oversee small financial mistakes at a lower level between teams and company fellows
Who Should Attend?
- Corporate finance manager and accountants
- Government and corporate financial controllers
- Financial regulatory and treasury manager
- Finance associates working in companies and government
- Employers working with finance, receivables, payable and fixed-variable debt and assets
- Auditors and accountants working in joint ventures and government subsidiaries
- Internal and external auditors
- Employees of government regulatory authorities and auditors
- Upstream professionals in upstream oil & gas activities
The course will focus on the following topics which are important to become a certified financial manager in oil and gas companies:
Module 1: FINANCIAL SYSTEM AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
- A financial system with essential tools of finance
- Issues and agency problems in core finance
- Misaligned interests within oil and gas companies
- Financial disaster and risk management
- Governance structures
- Corporate governance
Module 2: INTEREST RATES
- Interest rates and debt
- Factors of low-interest rates
- Different interest rate theories
- Operational problems for oil and gas companies
- Debt securities and their types
- Interest rates with outside influences
Module 3: BUDGETING
- Capital budgeting and its types
- Sensitivity analysis
- Oil and gas projects viability
- Capital rationing specific to oil and gas
Module 4: VALUATION AND ACQUISITION
- Financial assets valuation
- Valuation techniques used in oil and gas sector
- Complex issues in oil and gas projects
- Different methods of company valuation
- Acquisitions and mergers.
Module 5: EXCHANGE RATE
- International finance and currency risk
- Effect of diverse geographical areas
- Contractors and subcontractors.
- Different currencies
- Currency exposure
- Fluctuations in exchange rates
Module 6: PAYOUT AND DIVIDENDS
- Equity and commodity price risk
- Strategic planning related to oil and gas industry
- Pay-out and its policies
- Use of spare cash
- Best ways to return to shareholders and dividends
- Oil and gas industry Pay-out policy
Module 7: FINANCING OIL AND GAS PROJECTS
- Capital structure
- Core finance
- Agency conflicts related to the oil and gas industry
- Financial distress management
- Finance of new oil and gas projects
Module 8: DERIVATIVES AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- Derivatives types and uses of derivatives
- Forwards and its working
- Futures /swaps and their uses.
- Black–Scholes option pricing formula
- Risk management tools and their uses