What makes a good Learning and Development Manager? The world over, global businesses, companies, academic institutions and multi-national organisations spend billions on training programs that do not yeild a profit. This happens simply because most corporations fall on the receiving end of what appear to be ‘great training programs’.
At Zoe, we work earnestly to design specialised training courses that cater to the characteristic training needs of our participants, that arise from behavioural and skill surveys that we conduct in predefined focus areas. It is very important to us to curate the exact formula for success that will bring our learners lasting impact in their professional and personal growth, thereby contributing more in value and revenue to their own organisations.
What is the role of a Learning and Development manager? The Learning and Development function sits astutely under the vast umbrella of Human Resources. It is often the custodian of the organizational culture. The culture of any company shapes the way for it’s growth and dictates behaviours right from the leadership to apprenticeship. These findings drew our attention to the fact that the role of a learning and development manager is of pivotal importance.
Hence, Zoe has invested a great amount of time and research in understanding what works and what doesn’t when it comes to influencing human behaviour at the workplace, universally. We have arrived at a well-tried and tested methodolgy that uses neuro-linguistic programming and general behavioural analysis to help employees become productive. It is true that not everyone possesses the same amount of skill, but who is to say that they are not coachable!
What are the competencies required for a Learning and Development Manager? The Learning and Development sphere is a vast and continuous space of learning momentum that the manager must guide, sync, and utilise strategically to fuel a positive yield for the organisation. There is no merit in possessing such a department in-house otherwise.
This certification course will get you ready for the gigantic yet privileged opportunity of directing, planning, budgeting, and managing the Learning and Development function for any organisation. This course is apt for you especially if your interests and aptitude so far, has indicated that this is a function that you can take up as an independent training management consultant as well.
This Zoe training course will therefore empower you to lead the learning arenas of your organization with finesse and mature leadership. Through this certification course you will discover advanced behavioural learning techniques to role-model unique training and equip junior and budding managers in your department as well. You will acquire abilities to showcase your coaching and mentorship skills through several critical interactions with your participants, colleagues, and stakeholders.
The main objective of this course is to hone professionals with—
- the ability to the note-worthy level of accomplishment as Learning and Development managers and specialists
- real-time feedback on design, content delivery, and analytical skills
- equip each delegate with 21st century tools available to measure human capital performance
- the ability to create systems to measure tangible improvement in employee productivity and map it to training received
- capability to mend errors in present training styles and influence organisational behaviour positively
- understanding of the pre-requisites of a good training needs analysis procedure
- empowerment to utilise all resources at hand to develop competencies within teams and companies
- the capability to identify gaps in learning and performance correctly and bridge these gaps by identifying and employing the most appropriate training modules and methodology
- understanding of the potential of Learning and Development in any organisation
- ability to see how e-learning and other modern technology can be used to enhance every employee learning experience
Zoe Talent Solutions designs training courses to meet the distinctive needs of our training audience and according to their professional background and past work experience. Classroom sessions with presentations by a certified and experienced facilitator form a viable part of our training programmes.
We encourage your participation as a trainee in group discussions, role-plays, group activities, assessments, and more. You are also requested to share your experiences, issues, concerns, and best practices from your respective organisations, which can be facilitated by the trainer to optimise learning for you and the entire participant group.
In alignment with Zoe Talent Solutions’ unique training methodology, this certified training course follows the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations nominating professionals for the Certified Learning and Development Manager Course will benefit as follows:
- Training managers with updated knowledge and increased ability to apply value to your teams through added efforts in training and measuring performance
- More growth in knowledge, skill, and positive behaviours leading to greater productivity
- Greater credibility for your company’s brand and more marketability
- Increased efforts for the individual, team, and departmental improvement
- Clarity on the tangible ROI gain because of the training investments
- More clients, happy customers, and consequently more profits
- Better calibration with organisational culture, management decisions, alignment to leadership goals and company values
- Lower attrition as employees will feel invested in and want to stay longer with your brand and work towards helping your organisation achieve a higher level of success
Professionals attending this course will benefit incrementally in the following ways:
- A vivid understanding of the holistic function of Learning and Development, the value that it must add to an organisation and the need for excellence
- An awareness of the various models that can be exploited to bring out the best level of productivity in employees
- Access to virtual content and practice sessions that are exclusively owned and run by Zoe Talent Solutions
- Ability to identify one’s own area of growth in the light of various studies and scientific correlations between training, human behaviour, and performance
- Understanding the impact of a good training evaluation
- A sense of maturity in offering coaching and feedback based on the guidelines taught during this training course
- Overall development in the individual’s ability to put into action the key indicators of a well-ordained training manager
- The ability to role-model the classroom presentation, design and post-training analysis techniques for team-mates and budding training managers
- Ability to employ a worthy standard of excellence in the field of performance capacity building and setting a stage for perennial success
Who Should Attend?
- Learning and Development Managers
- Functional Training Consultants
- Organisational Trainers and Learning Managers, Employee Development Managers, Learning Consultants
- Learning and Development Heads of Departments in a government body or educational institution
- Any individual who aspires to be a training specialist or a free-lancer.
- Human Resource Managers who oversee the Learning needs of the organisation
- Individuals in-charge of performance and organisational development
- General Managers and Deputy-General Managers for Learning and Development
- Corporate Trainers and Coaches, Training Executives and Senior Training Executives
- Lead Trainers and Coaches, E-Learning Trainers and Training Content Managers
You will find that each of the following modules holds a plethora of wealth in knowledge and potential to direct your steps upward and onward as a credible learning and development manager globally.
Module 1: Key Requisites of the Learning & Development Department
- Functions of Human Resources
- Role of Learning and Development
- Key Functions of the Training Department
- Desired behaviours of a Training Manager
- Impact of a dormant training department
- Assess your managerial abilities
Module 2: Training Needs Analysis
- Identify your Audience
- Define your Purpose
- Collecting Data
- Business Partnering
- TNA Models
- TNA Technology
- Case study and discussions
Module 3: Performance Measurement
- Introduction to Performance Measurement
- What is a Performance Map?
- Performance Appraisals
- Role of an L&D Manager in Performance Appraisals
- Case Study and discussion
Module 4: Competency Mapping Tools & Models
- Introduction to Competency Mapping
- Competency Iceberg Model
- KASH Model
- ASK Model
- Behaviourally Anchored Rating Scales (BARS)
- Choosing the right competency model
- Identifying Competency Gaps
- Practice Activities and Feedback
Module 5: Training Course Design
- Key Aspects of a good course design
- Fluency of Thought & Subject Matter
- Objective and Expectation Setting
- Icebreakers and Energisers
- Participant assignment and Feedback
Module 6: Training Delivery Methods and Skills
- Importance of Good Preparation
- Presentation Skills
- Vocal Variety
- Managing Challenging Participants
- Role-play & Feedback
Module 7: Training Evaluation and Impact
- Importance of Training Evaluation
- The Kirkpatrick Taxonomy
- Creating Individual Participant PTAPs
- Role of HR and Managers as support functions
- Projecting and Evaluating ROI (Return on Investment)
- Projects and Practice
Module 8: Leadership Training
- Refine your individual skills
- Develop Emotional Intelligence
- Coaching and Feedback Mechanisms that work
- Role-play and Assessments
- Summary & Feedback