Knowing the importance of the purchasing department in an organisation’s success makes it very clear that purchasing systems, processes and practices are of prime value.
As such, purchasing management becomes a key function of the organisation. Good or bad purchasing practices can determine loss or profit for a business.
Who is a purchasing professional? A purchasing professional is one who seeks reliable vendors for a given assignment, negotiates price and prepares the contract and reviews technical specifications related to equipment, material, etc.
Recent advancements in the field of technology, through new ways of processing transactions using software, have also increased the efficiency and quality of purchasing planning.
The Purchasing Professional certification can be obtained by one who has demonstrated the skill to implement improved purchasing and supply chain practices as part of the business strategic solution for an organisation.
This Zoe training course will empower you with the required skills, knowledge and experience to successfully undertake critical roles concerning purchasing management for your organisation and will prepare you to not only attempt but also successfully achieve the Certified Purchasing Professional title.
This will in turn serve as an attestation of your skills to assume and fulfil higher responsibilities, thereby inviting opportunities for career growth and progression.
The main objective of this Certified Purchasing Professional Course is to empower professionals with—
- complete skill, knowledge and experience to successfully undertake any role in purchasing management
- the required knowledge and skill to check existing processes and systems for gaps and make changes to ensure efficient purchasing management
- the knowledge, experience and confidence to train other professionals on best practices and concepts related to purchasing management
- the knowledge and confidence to work with advanced tools and techniques and apply new concepts for increasing the quality and efficiency of purchasing management
- the experience and skill to help your organisation save costs through effective cost-saving techniques, thereby increasing profits and contributing to the growth of the business
- the required knowledge and exposure to clearly outline and define purchasing audit or transaction processes to meet required standards and to ensure seamless purchasing operations
- greater success in achieving the purchasing professional certification easily and with better preparedness
- the overall skill set and capabilities to independently manage the purchasing department for any organisation or industry, thereby inviting further opportunities for growth and progression
Courses at Zoe Talent Solutions are planned, as much as possible, to suit any professional background or experience. Before commencement of each session, the course is thoroughly reviewed for checking any gaps with respect to relevance, and changes in the program are suggested accordingly.
Active trainee participation is ensured through certain activities and projects assigned to the trainees during the course of the training. Role-plays and case study discussions increase relevance to the training content.
Trainees are also encouraged to share their experiences and issues faced at their workplace, and these are discussed in relation to the training content.
The above trainee-friendly approach adopted by Zoe Talent Solutions is called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
By professionals undertaking this Certified Purchasing Professional Course, organisations will derive the following benefits:
- Better purchasing management and practices across the purchasing department of an organisation
- Advanced concepts and techniques related to purchasing and purchasing practices
- New and advanced cost-saving techniques for reducing unnecessary expenditures in the organisation
- Greater cost savings leading to higher profits and hence greater stability
- Greater investments because of greater credibility, leading to organisational growth and development
- Training of other employees on best practices of purchasing, at no additional costs
- Regular checks of internal systems and processes and related enhancements to improve operations for better performance
- Greater chances of employees clearing the purchasing professional exam, thereby contributing to enhancements of their career prospects and more certified experts in the organisation
- Organisational growth because of increased productivity and efficiency
Professionals enrolling for this Certified Purchasing Professional Course will derive the following benefits:
- Detailed understanding and information of best practices in purchasing management in your organisation
- Increased confidence and understanding to review existing processes and systems and make changes as soon as possible to prevent the occurrence of risks
- Enhanced skill set and capabilities to successfully undertake any role related to purchasing in your organisation or industry, thereby increasing avenues for opportunities for career development
- Greater knowledge, understanding and confidence to train other employees on purchasing operations, at no additional costs
- Increased confidence, knowledge and understanding to apply innovative suggestions and cost-saving techniques, thereby contributing to organisational growth through reduced costs and increased profits
- Enhanced skill set, knowledge, experience and capabilities to confidently and fruitfully undertake the process for the Certified Purchasing Professional certification
- Better foresight and understanding to predict possible changes and make arrangements to ensure seamless and good purchasing operations
Who Should Attend
- Top management of an organisation responsible for making critical decisions related to purchasing
- Executives of the purchasing department who carry forward the process in their own capacity
- Managers and supervisors of the purchasing department of the organisation and who can nominate interested candidates subsequently
- Auditors and compliance officials responsible for checking and ensuring adherence to industrial standards and benchmarks
- Trainers and mentors within an organisation who would like to train their professionals on essential skills for better purchasing management
- Any other professional eager to know more about purchasing or who plans to undertake the process for the certification
- Finance advisors responsible for checking finance and accounts of your organisation
The Certified Purchasing Professional Course covers the following topics important to understand all about a purchasing professional role:
Module 1 – Overview of Purchase Management
- Purchase bill
- Vendor management
- Purchase order
- Purchase quotation
- Purchase planning
- Purchase return
- Purchase indent
Module 2 – Broad Responsibilities of a Purchasing Manager
- Seeking reliable vendors or suppliers
- Negotiating prices or contracts
- Reviewing technical specifications for raw material, equipment, etc.
Module 3 – Necessary Skills for a Purchasing Manager
- Time management
- Good judgment and quick decision-making
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Relationship building
- Communication and active listening
- Creativity and problem solving
Module 4 – Steps in the Procure-to-Pay Cycle
- Identification of requirement
- Authorisation of purchase request
- Approval of purchase request
- Identification of suppliers
- Receipt of quotation
- Selection of vendor
- Purchase order acknowledgement
- Advance shipment notice
- Goods receipt
- Invoice recording
- Three-way match
- Payment to supplier
Module 5 – Necessary Factors when Devising a Procurement-Cum-Purchasing Strategy
- Customer needs
- Business needs
- Warehousing and storage capabilities
Module 6 – Challenges in the Purchase Planning Process
- Selection of appropriate method or approach
- Vendor management
- Inventory productivity
- Stock adjustment
- Definition of product re-orders
Module 7 – Benefits of Purchase Management Software
- Well-managed operations
- Automation and formulation of the entire process
- Time-bound and easy analysis and assessment
- Adequate product at the correct time, ensuring quality
Module 8 – Benefits of Becoming a Purchasing Professional
- Hiring advantage
- Knowledge and skills
- Designation advantages
- Higher salary
- Personal improvement
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.