The Competencies: Design, Development and Implementation training program aims at enabling all participants to design role-specific and relevant competencies, plot techniques for competency development and implementation so as to effectively support employee performance in an organization.
By the end of the Competencies: Design, Development and Implementation program, participants will be able to:
- Define competencies, their history and the important role they play in Human Resources and the organization
- Analyse the main components of competency and the differences between each
- Extract competencies from business plans and apply the steps needed in designing competency frameworks and models
- Apply competencies in the recruitment and selection processes
- Use competencies for identifying training needs, talent pools and succession plans
- Utilize competencies and behavioural indicators in performance appraisal systems
- Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Definitions and Objectives of HRM
- The Main Functions in HR
- Examples of HR Organization Charts
- Recruitment and Selection Cycle
- Training and Development Cycle
- Performance Management Cycle
- Compensation and Benefits Cycle
- Competencies: History and Definitions
- History, Origins, and Definitions
- Components: Differences between Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- The Iceberg Model
- Competence versus Competency
- Competency Frameworks and Models
- Types of Competencies
- Standard Levels of Competence
- The Use of Behavioural Indicators
- Behavioural versus Performance Indicators
- Level Customization
- Competency Job Profiles versus Job Descriptions
- Competency Job Profiles and Personal Profiles
- Competency Gap Analysis
- Competency Analysis
- Extracting Competencies from Strategic Plans
- Introduction to HR Strategies, Vision and Mission Statements
- Critical Success Factors
- Key Result Areas
- Core Competencies
- Core Values
- Competency-Based Selection
- Defining Job Requirements
- Designing and Conducting Competency-Based Interviews
- Competency-Based Selection
- Competencies in Training and Development
- Classical Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Competency-Based TNAs
- Competencies in Succession Planning
- Competency-Based Appraisal Systems
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Translating Personal Competence to an Appraisal Rating: The Main Formula
Who Should Attend?
Managers, superintendents, supervisors, and officers in the functions of Human Resources and/or training and development. The Competencies: Design, Development and Implementation program is also very useful for line managers whose organization is currently, or about to start, using competencies as a framework for recruiting, selecting and training employees.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.