This Contract Manager training program launches intrinsic capacity building modules aiding participant ability to perform contract manager duties effectively and efficiently. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of this contract manager program, participants will be able to:
- Identify principles, definitions and the major steps involved in the contracting process
- Define ways to develop the scope of work and avoid pitfalls
- Develop criteria to invite, receive and evaluate tenders
- Identify administration tools and the roles of contract manager/administrator
- Discuss ways of using the lessons learned, to minimize confrontations and avoid disputes during implementation
- Principles of Contracts
- Defining a Contract
- Elements of a Contract
- Express and Implied Contracts
- Problems in Preparing and Managing Contracts
- Contract Preparation
- Stages of Contract Preparation and Management
- Contract Provisions
- Evaluation of Internal and External Resources
- Contracting Methods
- Developing Scope of Work
- Problems with Badly Written Scope of Work
- Evaluation Criteria (Musts and Wants)
- Terms and Conditions
- Contract Types and Strategies
- One or Several Contracts
- Fixed Price Contracts
- Cost Reimbursable Contracts
- Time and Material Contracts
- Incentive Terms
- Payment Terms
- Bonds and Retention
- The Tendering Stage
- Alternative to Tendering
- Objective of Tendering
- Tendering Procedures
- Evaluation of Bidders
- Pre-Qualification Criteria
- Invitation to Tender
- Receipt and Opening of Bids
- Tender Evaluation
- Role of Tender Evaluation Committees
- Different Pricing Methods
- Whole Life Cost
- Value for Money
- Online Reverse Auction
- Contract Administration
- Purpose of Contract Administration
- Aspects to Manage
- Contract Administration Tools
- Documents Needed to Administer a Contact
- Role of Contract Administrator/Focal Point(s)
- Claims and Variation Orders
- Breach of Contract
- Force Majeure
- Changes and Modifications
- Lessons Learned
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Who should Attend?
Individuals involved in any step of contracting; also those involved in managing or administering contracts who need to have a full understanding of the contractual provisions they will be managing.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.