Formerly known as the Sun Certified Java Associate, this Core Java SE7 course provides knowledge of application development. Participants learn how to use Java SE 7. The training creates a foundation for using Java language that enables professionals to do programming.
The Core Java SE7 Fundamentals course acquaints attendees with several concepts, such as abstraction, encapsulation, and inheritance. Participants become aware of the use and manipulation of object references. They become proficient in designing and using simple Java classes that consist of loops, arrays & conditional constructs. Students additionally learn the simple coding technique for error handling.
Who Should Attend?
- Relating Java with other languages
- Showing how to download, install, and configure the Java environment on a Windows system.
- Describing the various Java technologies such as Java EE, JavaME, Embedded Java SE.
- Describing key features of the technology and the advantages of using Java Using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
Thinking in Objects
- Defining the problem domain
- Identifying objects and recognizing the criteria for defining objects
Introducing the Java Language
- Defining classes
- Identifying the components of a class
- Creating and using a test class
- Compiling and executing a test program
Working with Primitive Variables
- Declaring and initializing field variables
- Describing primitive data types such as integral, floating-point, textual, and logical
- Declaring variables and assigning values
- Using constants
- Using arithmetic operators to modify values
Working with Objects
- Declaring and initializing objects
- Storing objects in memory
- Using object references to manipulate data
- Using JSE java docs to look up the methods of a class
- Working with String and StringBuilder objects
Using operators and decision constructs
- Using relational and conditional operators Testing equality between strings
- Evaluating different conditions in a program and determining the algorithm Creating if and if/else constructs
- Nesting and chaining conditional statements Using a switch statement
Creating and Using Arrays
- Declaring, instantiating, and initializing a one-dimensional Array
- Declaring, instantiating, and initializing a two-dimensional Array Using a for loop to process an Array
- Creating and initializing an ArrayList
- Using the import statement to work with existing Java APIs
- Accessing a value in an Array or an ArrayList
- Using the args Array
Using Loop Constructs
- Creating while loops and nested while loops
- Developing a for loop
- Using Array Lists with for loops
- Developing a do-while loop
- Understanding variable scope
Working with Methods and Method Overloading
- Creating and Invoking a Method
- Passing arguments and returning values
- Creating static methods and variables
- Using modifiers
- Overloading a method
Using Encapsulation and Constructors
- Creating constructors
- Implementing encapsulation
Introducing Advanced Object-Oriented Concepts
- Using inheritance
- Using types of polymorphism such as overloading, overriding, and dynamic binding
- Working with superclasses and subclasses
- Adding abstraction to your analysis and design
- Understanding the purpose of Java interfaces
- Creating and implementing a Java interface
- Understanding the different kinds of errors that can occur and how they are handled in Java
- Understanding the different kinds of Exceptions in Java
- Using Javadocs to research the Exceptions thrown by the methods of foundation classes
- Writing code to handle Exceptions
The Big Picture
- Creating packages and JAR files for deployment using java
- Two and three-tier architectures
- Looking at some Java applications examples
- Basics of Java Programming
- Using Loop Constructs and Arrays
- Concepts related to Java Data Types
- Using Decision Constructs & Operators
- Working with Inheritance
- Working with Encapsulation & Methods
- Exception Handling
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.