This training course focuses on how to improve innovation and develop creative thinking in your workplace. Learn how to develop creativity, innovation and lateral thinking – for individuals and work teams. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
Who Should Attend?
- Facilitator presentation, participant personal introductions and ice breaker
Recognising the difference between creativity & innovation
- Understanding the cycle of innovation
- Facilitator presentation and group discussion
Breaking through thought patterns and assumptions
- Recognising left and right brain thinking
- Identifying how creative we are
- Individual creative thinking exercise, group review and self-assessment questionnaire
- Simple methods and techniques to develop creativity
- Identifying ways to further develop creative thinking
- Individual practical exercises and group review
Methods and tools for generating ideas
- Brainstorming or blue sky thinking session
- Reverse brainstorming
- Sort cards or mind maps
- Sticky notes/Metaplanning technique
- Identifying when best to use each idea generation technique
- Facilitator technique demonstration with group plus learning review
Logical versus lateral thinking
- Recognising the differences between lateral and logical thinking
- Appreciating our strengths
- Energiser exercise, short presentation, ‘Message in a bottle’ exercise, review
Creative problem solving
- Creative problem-solving techniques
- Using the problem checklist, “go wild” and 5 whys
- Applying to work-related problems
- Facilitator demonstration of techniques, pairs or trios exercise
Applying the learning
- Turning creative ideas into action
- Small group practical problem solving and creative thinking activities, group feedback and review
Reviewing the learning and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
- An understanding of why some people are naturally creative, but also how everyone can develop their creative skills
- Knowledge of how to use a range of creative thinking methods, tools and techniques to generate ideas and solve problems
- The opportunity to apply the methods and tools to generate ideas for improving areas of their own performance
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.