This training programme will enable the delegates to understand the main features and fundamentals of the DCS systems. Making them accustomed to the DCS hardware and the ways of connecting it together to make up the foundation of DCS. The delegates will be able to learn the concepts of programming the DCS software once the hardware is installed and tested. After the software configuration, the delegates will understand the concepts of DCS accessories such as data reporting systems and alarm.
Who Should Attend?
Personnel who can attend this course are:
- Instrumentation technicians
- Professionals who are familiar with digital electronic theory, process operations, test devices, and instruments.
- Explain the two data transmission types
- Describe the ways of maintaining the signal integrity
- Describe the correspondence between the external devices and the modules
- Describe the terminology for DCS
- Recognize the DCS advantages
- Describe the requirements based on hardware for the distributed control system DCS
- Recognize the DCS control functions and usage
- Recognize the supervisory control benefit over direct digital control
- Determine the interfacing of the system
- Determine the functions of communication protocols in the data transmission
- Label the two human interface primary categories
- Explain a supervisory control system
- Explain the direct digital control
- Explain a distributed control system
- Explain the ways of implementing the control loops in a DCS
- Explain the different input devices for DCS and determine the display types
- The Overview of Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- The Overview and Introduction
- DCS: The basic concepts
- The selection criteria and the DCS specifications
- The concept of security hierarchy and the control system
- Implementation Overview for DCS
- The concept of DCS Hardware
- Description: Block diagram
- The Overview: Hardware
- Definition and introduction: Communication
- The Overview of Redundancy and the hardware security
- Brief overview: DCS Software
- The configuration for the control system
- Configuration for the controller
- The concept of Function block configuration
- The overview and explanation: DCS Accessories
- Management of the alarm system
- The Reporting concept
- Diagnostics features
- The standard DCS Systems
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.