Is mastering the prized art of effective facilitation important to your career? What use is a training programme that leaves a mediocre impact on participants, with learning fading off long before taking effect?
Organisations worldwide are in need of facilitators who can offer an externally simulative, reflective, long-lasting paradigm-shifting learning through gamified, never-before-experienced activities aligned with conceptual learning.
This alone will guarantee an internal change transforming people to become more productive in their roles and responsibilities. Stay ahead of the competition with Zoe’s Effective Facilitator Training Course – Our eight-session customised program is carefully designed to take you from level one to level ten when it comes to delivering world-class facilitation.
At Zoe, we focus on enabling and equipping you to adopt the right mindset and skilfully develop the right amount of talent given the duration of time our globally certified facilitators spend with you.
In this course, you will not only see your growth and transition in facilitation through our pre and post-assessment tools but also understand how you can apply these transferrable skills to other areas of your work portfolio as well.
This course by Zoe, caters to effective facilitation in a classroom i.e. physical or face-to-face, as well as a virtual scenario which means that you will be positioned for success as a well-grounded facilitator, no matter the platform.
Our highly experienced and proficient facilitators offer personalised and real-time feedback to each participant, assisting a meaningful growth in their development and facilitation skills. You will learn why the asking method is more effective versus the lecture method of training.
In-fact our facilitators will provide the best examples by means of their own persona and style in training. Our post-training analysis records a display of high growth and performance in the area of facilitation by all our participants, empowering them to experience a higher level of success and fulfilment with every project.
This Zoe training course will thus empower you to become an expert in effective facilitation. Through this course, you will be able to apply creative and unique techniques to engage participants and gain results.
By ensuring the application of all elements of a good facilitator, you will attract a high level of excellence in your participant group, as desired. You will resultantly be better positioned to contribute to the success of your clients and help them earn a good Return on Investment.
The main objective of this Effective Facilitator Training Course is to empower professionals with—
- the ability to become effective facilitators on all platforms, both physical and virtual
- real-time feedback on their facilitation skills
- the ability to recognise language and vocal aspects that do not fulfil the requisites of effective facilitation
- capability to recognise potential improvement areas and develop oneself
- understanding how to design activities to elicit the appropriate level of learning among participants
- ability to acknowledge participant needs by exhibiting emotional intelligence
- the skill to conduct ice-breakers, choose a facilitation technique, allot appropriate learning time, adhere to all types of participants and use the Parking Lot effectively
- understanding of the potential of effective facilitation for clients and stake-holders
Zoe Talent Solutions designs training courses to cater to our participant audience and their special professional background and experience. Classroom sessions with presentations by a highly experienced facilitator account for a large part of our training programmes.
We encourage participation through group discussions, role-plays, activities, assessments and feedback. Delegates are also requested to share their experiences, learning, concerns and best practices from their home organisations, which are facilitated by the trainer to maximise learning for the whole participant group. This course also uses virtual platforms to evaluate learning in relevant parameters.
Zoe Talent Solutions follows Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose professionals undertake this Effective Facilitator Training Course will benefit in many ways as follows:
- Individuals become excellent facilitators and their skills will reflect positively for your company
- More creativity in the participant group and stimulated thinking exhibited
- Greater brand value for your organisation due to raised standards in training and development
- Increased demand for training and facilitation through your organisation
- The decrease in conflicts over instructions and ambiguous instruction
- Market credibility increase owing to increased recommendations
- Improved individual performance owing to a growing performance curve for the organization
- Better people management, owing to a keen awareness of human behaviour
- Lower attrition as facilitators will feel invested in and motivated internally as well as externally
Professionals attending this Effective Facilitator Training Course will benefit at an in-depth level in the following ways:
- A clear understanding of the definition, scope and benefit of effective facilitation
- Increased awareness of one’s ability to understand human behaviours and their effect and impact on training methodologies
- Access to videos and practice sessions exclusively owned by Zoe Talent Solutions
- Ability to identify one’s area of improvement, to recognise and rectify common errors in facilitation
- Understanding and recognizing the impact of not being assertive in business and personal communication
- A sense of achievement contributing to a steady application of assertive communication techniques
- Increased competency in facilitation and adding value to clients, resulting in higher self-worth and credibility
- The ability to role-model effective facilitation in the organisation for colleagues to learn from and apply in their roles
- Ability to learn interactive facilitation skills that can be used widely, across diverse platforms
Who Should Attend?
- Presidents, Vice-presidents and Senior Management who are looking to increase their facilitation skills
- Managers, Secretaries and Team Leaders who lead people across industries
- Administration executives responsible for leading groups of people
- Executives who would like to facilitate workshops in the future through lateral or vertical movement
- Trainers, teaching staff, educators and administrators responsible for people competency building
- Executives and Leaders, Human Resource Managers responsible for employee engagement, performance and organisational development
- Government officials responsible for training people
- Any other professional who would like to become an effective facilitator
The course will cover the following areas that are essential in being an effective facilitator and delivering both classroom and virtual training, in an impactful manner.
Module 1 – Introduction to Effective Facilitation
- The Role of Facilitation in Training
- Elements of a well-facilitated workshop
- Pre-requisites of Impactful Facilitation
- Know your audience
- Assess your Communication Style
Module 2 – Behaviours & Facilitation Styles
- Role of Behaviours in Facilitation
- I.S.C. Assessment
- Passive Communication
- Aggressive Communication
- Assertiveness in Communication
- Identify your Communication Style
- Role of Communication in Facilitation
Module 3 – Types of Participants
- How to Engage your Participants?
- Voluntolds, Vacationers, Eager Leaners
- Visual, Auditory and Kinaesthetic Learners
- Handling Difficult Participants
- Cues to identify unstated needs
- Practice and Feedback
Module 4 – Becoming a Positive Facilitator
- Welcoming a New Group
- Setting Expectations
- Creating and Communicating Workshop Objectives
- Positive Language
- Applying Assertiveness in Tone
- Practice Activities & Feedback
Module 5 – Presentation Skills
- Introduction to Visual Communication
- First Impressions
- Body Language in a Virtual Set-up
- Posture and Poise
- Presentation Skills
Module 6 – Ice-Breakers and Activities
- What are Icebreakers?
- What are the activities?
- How to align activities to Learning?
- Barriers to Good Facilitation
- The Parking Lot
- Practice Sessions & Feedback
Module 7 – Elements of Facilitation
- The different methods of training
- Why Ask vs Tell?
- Training Aids and their use
- Practising Emotional Intelligence
- How to Summarise and Confirm Understanding
- Demo Session and Feedback
Module 8 – Effective Facilitation in a Virtual Set-up
- Setting Expectations
- Establishing a two-way communication stream
- Creative Activities and Ice-Breakers
- PPT Tips for Advanced Learning
- Participant Demos & Feedback