You can’t improve what you don’t evaluate!
This course is designed to focus on internal and external project evaluation and introduce tools that are used to measure and improve the performance of projects. The participants follow a step by step approach for the understanding of the process of designing and performing an evaluation.
Keeping an eye on the developments and changes after the delivery of projects is very important for any organization. Evaluation of the impact and benefits delivered can not only help in fine-tuning the processes but also in setting standards for the future projects.
This course is designed to help with the evaluation of impact and other research-based needs among the development staff. It addresses different techniques and methods that can help with gathering and evaluating the right kind of data, which then helps in the acquisition of accurate statistics.
Who Should Attend?
This course is useful for any worker involved in overseeing or delivery of the development related projects. However, it’s particularly useful for the senior management in NGO’s including the CEO’s, Board Members, Owners, Project Managers, Team Leaders, and Directors. While also being very useful for consultants and freelancers working for NGO’s, and anyone who wants to join the non-profit sector.
- Developing and understanding the context to implement Monitoring and Evaluation techniques on.
- Introduce participatory measures in the development of the Evaluation Plans.
- Facilitating the plans to team members and other workers, involved in the process.
- Learning the tools for evaluating and tracking the progress on both the program development and the resulting impact.
- Identifying methods for improving current practices in the evaluation process.
- The need for Project/Program Evaluation.
- The need for measuring results and impact.
- A quick look into the PCM (Project Cycle Management)
- An intro to the Participatory Evaluation Frameworks (PEFs).
- Various Principles for the Evaluation process.
- Difference between the Internal Evaluation process and the External Evaluation Process.
- Key Indicators for verification and Evaluation.
- Defining the criteria and queries for the evaluation process.
- Identifying the Stakeholders.
- Plan of action for the evaluation process.
- Identifying and planning the availability of the resources.
- Budget planning for the evaluation process.
- Identifying the applicable methods for the collection of relevant data.
- Various Techniques involving the collection of information.
- Defining techniques for interpreting and analyzing the collected information.
- Drafting the conclusions from the evaluation process.
- Understanding report writing for evaluation process reports.
- Communication of the information obtained through the evaluation process.
- Identifying the opportunities for correction/improvement.
- Drawing a plan of action for incorporating the required improvements.
- Assessing the expected impact after the inclusion of techniques in the future.
Note: A complete course outline with a breakdown of day to day activities is provided on initiating the registration process.