Financial knowledge and skills are fundamental to any managerial position. From understanding financial statements to analysing them, from cost impacts to variance analysis, from decision making to budgeting, this training course gives hands-on practical experience to non-financial managers to understand the concepts and techniques to help them in key decision-making areas, which in turn gives impetus to the bottom line of the business.
Financial information can give a clear picture of incidences that have happened, and a sound basis for forecasting future events. It can also display whether activities are cost-effective, whether objectives and targets have been met, and can be used to gauge and measure comparative performance and profitability.
This Zoe training course will empower you to be prepared to make more powerful and informed business decisions. From understanding the essence of cash flow to learning how to create value on a corporate level. This program covers all major principles of corporate finance.
By the end of this ‘Finance for Non-Finance Managers Course’, you will be able to:
- Use financial information to manage and assess your company or department operations
- Manage and Reduce Cost (Fixed versus variable costs)
- Control the working capital and manage the impact of inventory build-up
- Practise and use a range of accounting methods, tools and techniques available to manage financial risks in your organization
- Interpret the language of accounts and break down barriers of understanding
- Get Confidence to prepare budgets and read Management Information
Zoe Talent Solutions customises each training program to meet the learning expectations of the participants and relate it with their professional backgrounds and experience. Classroom sessions with presentations from an extremely competent trainer form a major part of the training.
However, participation is stimulated through group discussions, problem-solving exercises, group activities, projects, etc. Participants are also encouraged to share their experiences, issues, hesitations and best practices from their respective organisations, which are discussed in detail by the course facilitator.
Zoe Talent Solutions follows the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Companies who get their employees to participate in this ‘Finance for Non-Finance Managers Course’ can benefit in the following ways:
- Use common financial language to communicate effectively with finance professionals within the organisation
- Interpret the financial health and state of a company, division or responsibility center
- Compute and understand widely used financial KPIs
- Apply the management accounting techniques & procedures of ‘product costing, cost-volume-profit analysis, budgeting, & variance analysis’
- Know the link between corporate and financial strategy
Individuals who participate in this ‘Finance for Non-Finance Managers Course’ can benefit in the following ways:
- Understand the functions of financial management and its role in running the business
- Identify the significance of accounting choice and its impact on the financial statements
- Apply capital budgeting techniques and cost-volume-profit analysis for better decision making
- Know the purpose of the three significant financial statements ‘Income Statement, Statement of Financial Position, and Cash Flow Statement’.
Who should attend?
Those in managerial positions (junior up to top-level) in an organization who needs a contextual understanding and practical hands-on experience in the principles of corporate finance.
Module 1 – Basic Accounting Concepts
- The Accounting Process
- Cash Vs. Mercantile Accounting
- Accrual Concept
- Stock Valuation – FIFO Vs. LIFO
- Types of Accounting
- Revenue Recognition
- Cap-ex. vs. Op-ex.
- Understanding of Depreciation/Amortization
- Tangible vs. Intangible vs. Capital W-I-P
- Current vs. Non-current
Module 2 – Introduction to Financial Statements
- Profit & Loss Account including OCI
- Balance Sheet and SOCIE
- Cash Flow Statement
- Notes to Accounts
Module 3 – Financial Statement Analysis
- P&L Statement Analysis
- Balance Sheet Analysis
- Funds Flow Analysis
- Ratio Analysis
- Trend Analysis
- Common Size Analysis
Module 4 – Working Capital Management
- Concept of Working Capital
- Managing Inventory and Trade Receivables
- Managing Trade Payables
- Budgeting and Working Capital Management
Module 5 – Capital Budgeting
- Capital Expenditure Evaluation
- NPV Technique
- IRR Technique
- Pay Back Method
- Risk Analysis
Module 6 – Cost Management and Costing Techniques
- Cost Concepts
- Various Costing Methods
- Breakeven Analysis
- Costing Vs. Budgeting
- Strategic cost management
Module 7 – Revenue Management
- Revenue Recognition and possible revenue leakages
- Revenue Vs. Trade Receivables
- Revenue Vs. Trade Payables
- Revenue Vs. Foreign Exchange Management
Module 8 – Introduction to IFRS
- Introduction to the concept of Accounting Standards
- Generally applicable IFRS
- Discussion on Specific IFRS
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.