The frontline managers are one of the closest to the business and the employees simultaneously. The majority of their time is spent with their teams as they are responsible for the overall performance by the team members which might include activities like sales, customer service, finance etc.
Their team’s performance will eventually improve or deteriorate the organization’s overall performance so frontline managers are one of the most important pillars of any organization.
The major skills a frontline manager needs are communication, understanding, cooperation, creativity, active listening, effective decision making, delegation and ability to motivate others. If you want to be a manager in future or if you are already a manager and want to improve yourself, you will be able to take your managerial skills to the next level through this course.
How will this “Front Line Manager Training Program” help you in becoming a better leader? In order to be an effective leader in your organization, you should be completely aware of your responsibilities and you must know your team very well.
This Frontline Manager Training Program provides you with the skills to understand your team members and you will be able to know your leadership style through various techniques and activities. Not only you will be a great communicator after this course but also you will be able to resolve the conflicts effectively.
This Zoe training course will empower you with all the skills that you need as a manager. You will be taking some lifelong lessons with you through this training which will help you in becoming a great mentor for your team members.
During this journey, you will be going through some famous theories, techniques, lectures and activities which will focus purely on making you one of the best frontline managers in your organization.
Upon completing this Frontline Manager Training Program successfully, participants will be able to:
- Define real leadership and management in the organization
- Understand the importance of self-development to be a manager
- Learn the techniques to manage others, yourself, and your work environment
- Understand the significance of interpersonal skills in good leadership
- Apply the theories and techniques effectively to improve your leadership
- Motivate yourself and your team
- Communicate with your team effectively and will be open to receiving feedback from your team
This Frontline Manager Training Program will comprise the following training methods:
- Group Discussions
- Case Studies
Like all our other training courses, this course also follows the ‘Do-Review-Learn-Apply model.
Companies who nominate their employees to participate in this Frontline Manager Training Program can benefit in the following ways:
- Less conflict among team members as a result of improved leadership skills
- Better communication in the organization by giving and receiving regular feedback
- Improved productivity due to enhanced self-awareness and better leadership
- Healthy team working and collaboration among team members will lead to better performance
- Performance appraisals can be addressed directly rather than in an indirect or biased manner
Individuals who participate in this Frontline Manager Training Program can gain from it in the following ways:
- Gain a clear idea of your leadership style through enhanced self-awareness techniques
- Understand your team members and motivate them to perform better
- Learn to effectively give and receive feedback
- Improve your communication skills to resolve conflicts among your team members and handle difficult conversations
- Create a customised self-development plan to ensure your growth as a frontline manager
- Apply the knowledge and skills you learn, to develop your team’s performance and wellbeing, resulting in the overall growth of your organisation
Who Should Attend?
This Frontline Manager Training Program would be suitable for:
- Current leaders
- Management professionals
- Frontline managers
- Team leaders
- Line managers
- All aspiring leaders in any field
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Why are Management Skills essential as a manager?
- What are the important skills you should focus on as a frontline manager?
- Understand your role and responsibilities as a frontline manager in the organization
- Self Assessment as a manager (SWOT Analysis)- Activity 1
- Set personal goals to drive your outputs
- Manage your time and actions
MODULE 2: PEOPLE MANAGEMENT IN ORGANIZATION
- Understand your employees
- Respecting culture and diversity
- Mayo’s Human Relations Theory
- Hire right people for the right roles with right skills
- Identify effective team behaviours
- Dignify your employees
MODULE 3: TEAM FORMATION AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Why should you divide people in teams?
- Define the team structure
- Stages of team formation and development
- Taking the right people
- Responsibilities of a team
- Assigning different tasks to a team
- Your role as a manager
MODULE 4: THE POWER OF MOTIVATION
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- How to motivate yourself as a frontline manager?
- Theories X and Y
- Conducting regular meetings with employees to motivate them
- Be a storyteller
- Develop a plan for your next motivational meeting- Activity 2
MODULE 5: EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Understand how communication works
- Your role as a communicator
- Importance of horizontal and vertical communication channel
- The process of listening and asking questions
- How does non-verbal communication help in managing people?
- Managing difficult conversation
- Learn to acknowledge
- Power of Empathy
- Communicate in 3 different situations- Activity 3
MODULE 6: CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- Why does conflict arise?
- Traditional theory Vs Modern Theory
- Common types of conflicts in the organization
- Ways to deal with conflicts
- Strategies to manage conflicts
- Manage your first conflict- Activity 4
MODULE 7: ART OF GIVING FEEDBACK
- Importance of feedback as a frontline manager
- Types of feedback
- How to give effective feedback in a different situation
- Receiving feedback and improving yourself
- Give effective feedback now- Activity 5
MODULE 8: PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Be a coach of your team
- Conducting regular training and mentoring sessions
- Setting team goals and individual targets
- Power of appreciation and rewards
- Working on strength and areas of improvement
- One-on-one sessions
- Developing a positive leadership
MODULE 9: PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL MANAGEMENT
- Importance of appraisal
- Different Methods of performance appraisal
- Management by objectives (MBO)
- 360 degree feedback
- Behaviourally Anchored Rating Scale (BARS)
- Human resource(Cost) accounting method
- Decide and plan appraisal parameters- Activity 6