The Fundamentals of Accounting for Administrative and Support Staff course empowers participants to become aware and be able to complete Accounting for Administrative and Support Staff effectively.
The Fundamentals of Accounting for Administrative and Support Staff training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the Fundamentals of Accounting for Administrative and Support Staff training program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the importance of accounting in running the business
- Acquire basic accounting knowledge and skills needed to better support management
- Properly distinguish and classify account categories within the accounting system in the company
- Accurately account for transactions affecting assets, liabilities, and equities
- Correctly account for transactions affecting revenues and expenses
- Effectively prepare statements of income and balance sheets
- Perform hands-on bank reconciliation, account analysis, and General Ledger (GL) to sub-ledger reconciliation
- Importance of Accounting in Business
- The Role and Purpose of Accounting
- The Accounting System
- The Fundamental Accounting Equation
- The Accounting Principles
- Accrual versus Cash Basis Accounting
- Matching Principle and Revenue Recognition
- Accounting Cycle
- Steps of the Accounting Cycle:
- Analyzing Transactions
- Recording Transactions
- Preparing Trial Balance
- Recording Adjusting Entries
- Recording Closing Entries
- Preparing Financial Statements
- Preparing Post-Closing Trial Balance
- Analyzing and Recording Transactions
- Using Accounts to Summarize Transactions
- The Rules of Debits and Credits
- Preparing Trial Balance (TB)
- Accounting for Assets
- Cash and Bank Accounts
- Accounts and Notes Receivable and Allowance for Doubtful Debts
- Inventory and Cost of Sale
- Fixed Assets and Intangible Assets
- Accounting for Liabilities and Equity
- Current Liabilities and Long-Term Liabilities
- Contributed Capital and Retained Earnings
- Income Statement
- Revenue and Other Income
- Cost of Sales and General and Admin Expenses
- Preparing Financial Statements
- The Income Statement
- Statement of Owners’ Equity
- The Balance Sheet
- Hands-On Workshops
- Performing Bank Reconciliation
- Performing Account Analysis
- Course Review Material
Who should attend?
Administrative and support employees who work closely with accounts or support management with tasks related to bookkeeping and financial reports.
This Fundamentals of Accounting for Administrative and Support Staff program is also helpful for non-accounting professionals, such as HR, IT and Admin, who provide support to accounting systems and staff.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.