Attracting and retaining long-term support from donors is one of the most important areas a relief or development mission is completely dependent upon. This course is designed to prepare the participants by improving their capacity in acquiring and nurturing this support through effective management of donor relations. They will learn on how to develop a fundraising strategy, writing effective fundraising proposals, and managing grant contracts and the relations with the donors.
This course is available to be taken as both an open course as well as in-house and customized delivery for larger groups of participants from an organization.
After taking this course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the need for the funds.
- Devise intelligent funding strategy through scoping the donors and matching funds to the need of the organization.
- Understand and utilize various approaches to fundraising, including different types of funds and frameworks for funding.
- Develop funding proposals using logframe and other tools.
- Understand the concept of maintaining relations with donors.
Who Should Attend?
Workers and managers responsible for designing fundraising strategies, writing proposals, and maintaining fundraising operations.
- An Introduction to Fundraising
- Understanding the concept of Donor Scoping
- The Fundraising Cycle, approaches, and methods for fundraising
- Designing a Funding Strategy
- Different aspects of a Fundraising Project Design
- Developing Logframe, understanding Budgeting, and Costing Interventions
- Managing Relations with Donors – Reaching and Retaining Donors
- Understanding the Best Practices for Grants and Contract Management