Improving transparency in business transactions and organisational processes have a direct impact of reducing the chances or opportunities of corruption taking place in the organisation. Transparency is extremely important to build brand credibility and trust among current and future employees.
With corruption and fraud becoming rampant these days, having a grave impact on economic growth and overall development, organisations are taking more stringent measures to ensure that there are provisions and guidelines in place to facilitate transparency among and by all concerned stakeholders and that there is a constant check on corruption or nascent signs of corruption.
Thus, at a national level too, there are various laws and jurisdictions committed to increasing transparency, reducing or eliminating chances of corruption and sustaining a healthy global corruption rating.
The Freedom of Information Act is one such critical legislation that guides and facilitates transparency by providing citizens and employees the right to information about government spending and other nationwide data as well as professional information concerning their career growth and development, respectively.
However, transparency needs to be well managed to prevent its misuse to the benefit of a few and the disadvantage of the rest of the population. There needs to be a fine balance between maintaining transparency and not revealing sensitive and critical information that could be detrimental to the progress of an organisation or nation.
To best understand transparency, in its simplest form, it can be described as the visibility into the functions/processes of an organisation; however, it does not grant one the right to access intellectual property of an organisation. For organisations, transparency is important to build trust among employees, stakeholders and clients, and thus, organisations are now institutionalising transparency in their policies and setting out guidelines around this to ensure that it is adopted and followed universally.
There are various institutions that publish several indices and metrics of corruption, one such measure being the Corruption Perception Index. The Corruption Perception Index ranks countries by their perceived level of corruption determined through expert assessments and opinion surveys. These indices, directly and indirectly, influence the growth and progress of a nation.
This Zoe training course will empower you with a complete understanding of the importance of transparency and various ways to ensure implementation of guidelines related to transparency and improvement in transparency throughout. It will also provide you with the necessary information and knowledge about global corruption rating indices.
This Government and Organizational Transparency in Information, Communication and Business Course will prepare you to undertake higher roles and responsibilities and play an important part in ensuring transparency and preventing corruption. The confidence gained through this course will help you strongly address and eliminate corruption before it escalates to levels gravely impacting citizens/employees and national/organisational growth and development.
The main objective of this course is to empower professionals with—
- complete information and understanding of transparency and its importance in the professional sphere and to the progress of a nation
- experience and knowledge to ensure successful implementation of transparency in the organisation and adherence by all concerned stakeholders
- confidence to address instances of corruption that could impact other employees/citizens
- the required awareness and exposure to play a role in maintaining a fine balance between transparency and protection of intellectual property
- the necessary foresight to predict possible opportunities or platforms of corruption and take measures to eliminate the rise in corrupt practices
- the adequate skill and capability to play an important role and undertake higher responsibilities to frame transparency- and anti-corruption-related policies within the organisation, thus demonstrating potential and abilities for future growth and progression
- the confidence, experience, exposure, and knowledge to contribute to keeping corruption under check and improving the overall corruption indices for the nation
For an effective training outcome, before each training course begins, Zoe Talent Solutions reviews its course content and customises it as per the target audience. This ensures that the course content is relatable to trainees and there is a maximum return on investment. Training is delivered through presentations and lectures by experts in the relevant domain.
Two-way participation is encouraged through group activities, presentations and competitions among trainees. Further, role-plays and case studies enhance the practical learning approach, which is preferred for such training. Trainees are also encouraged to share their experiences of relatable instances at their workplace to foster experiential learning.
Like all Zoe Talent Solutions courses, this training course follows the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
By professionals undertaking this Government and Organizational Transparency in Information, Communication and Business course, their organisations will benefit in the following ways:
- More experienced and trained employees to ensure successful implementation of transparency and elimination of corruption
- Increased transparency in all organisational policies and business transactions and uniform adoption by all important stakeholders
- Reduced corruption and elimination of possible opportunities for rise in corruption
- Fine balance between transparency and protection of intellectual property
- Better brand image fostering increased investments and thus economic growth and development
- Better employer branding encouraging employee retention and high-quality recruitment
- Clear and well-framed transparency and anti-corruption policies
Through this Government and Organizational Transparency in Information, Communication and Business course, professionals will benefit in the following ways:
- Complete information and understanding of the importance of transparency and its uniform implementation across an organisation
- More knowledge and experience to play an important role in framing transparency and anti-corruption policies for one’s organisation
- Greater confidence and experience to effectively manage instances of fraud and corruption in one’s organisation
- Increased exposure and foresight to predict possible instances of corruption and set up measures to eliminate any possibilities of fraudulent or corrupt practices
- Enhanced skill and talent to maintain a fine balance between transparency or freedom of information and confidentiality or protection of intellectual property
- Higher capabilities to undertake larger roles and responsibilities, demonstrating potential and fostering expedited career growth and progression
- A sense of satisfaction and pride from playing a role in implementing fair practices of transparency and preventing corruption, thus contributing to the success of the business and the nation, as a whole
Who Should Attend?
- Senior members of organisations who would need to understand different ways and means to successfully implement transparency and prevent corruption
- Investors who would like to know more about transparency and anti-corruption practices before investing in any organisation
- Policymakers responsible for creating transparency and anti-corruption policies for organisations
- Legal officers and auditors responsible for ensuring adherence to laws related to transparency and addressing instances of corruption
- Human resource professionals responsible for inculcating a value system of ethics and transparency so as to prevent unethical practices within the organisation
- Private investigators who may be called upon in the event of fraud or lack of transparency
- Any other professional who would like to know more about transparency and anti-corruption best practices benefitting them and the nation
The course will cover the following topics related to transparency and global corruption indices:
Module 1 – Overview of Freedom of Information
Module 2 – Benefits of Transparency
- Engagement (employee/citizen)
- Better feedback
- Greater clarity
Module 3 – Need for Transparency at the Workplace
- Better working relationships
- Better employee alignment
- Better solutions
- Better employee engagement
Module 4 – Areas of Workplace Transparency
- Business transactions
- Compensation and Benefits
Module 5 – Ways to Improve Transparency at the Workplace
- Leadership on the same page
- Open decision-making process
- Right hiring
- Face-to-face communication
- Equality among employees
- Transparent work processes
- Positive response to honesty
Module 6 – Overview of Corruption
- Global corruption indices
Module 7 – Methods/Modes of Corruption
- Payoffs and bribes
- Favouritism and nepotism
- Grafts and embezzlement
- Blackmail and extortion
- Influence peddling
- Discretion abuse
Module 8 – Causes of Corruption
- Personal greed
- High levels of bureaucracy
- Low levels of democracy
- Lack of ethical sensitivity and cultural environment
- Low awareness
- Lack of courage and transparency
- Slow judicial processes and untreated corruption instances
- High market and political monopolisation
- Inefficient controls
Module 9 – Impact of Corruption
- Lesser investments
- Loss of resources
- Financial losses
- Damaged brand image
- Increased crime
Module 10 – Ways to Stop Corruption
- Clear protocols
- Open communication
- Oversight for financial transactions
- Review systems
- Stringent action for corrupt or unethical practices
- Robust ethics/governance
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.