Some of the leading causes of environmental contamination are improper storage of hazardous chemical, incompatible inspection of certain containment having hazardous materials. Contamination can occur in any form such as land, pollution, air, water, food, molds, radioactive, odor, vibration, construction etc. and improper usage of these containments will result serious health issues and pollution.
Who Should Attend?
Personnel who can attend this course are:
- Environmental professionals
- Health and safety professionals
- Laboratory technicians
- Technical assistants
- Emergency personnel
- Staff involved in the management of hazardous wastes
- Staff accountable for contamination issues
- Staff willing to minimize liability and risk appearing from polluting events
This training programme will enable the delegates to:
- Acquire knowledge about the ways of prioritizing contamination problems in dealing with waste management and contamination issues
- Acquire knowledge about the related environmental treaties dealing with pollution and contamination
- Acquire understanding about contamination types and identify which ones are more applicable to your organization
- Acknowledge and discuss the methodologies for the cleanup of surface and ground water, contaminated soil, construction and radioactive materials and air pollution.
- Demonstrate and highlight the close relationship between environment and health affected directly by contamination
- Introduction to Hazardous Wastes and history of contamination
- Contamination: Introduction and effects
- Types of Contamination: An overview
- Overview of Global Environmental issues related to Contamination
- Introduction: International Environmental Treaties and Guidelines related to Contamination
- The Role of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP),and the toxic 12 chemicals
- Significance of environmental law
- Hazardous Wastes & Non-Hazardous Wastes: Definition
- The concept of Connecting the dots between Contamination and Hazardous Wastes
- Hazardous Wastes and contamination management
- Description: The relationship between Occupational Health & Safety and contamination
- The significance of documentation in Hazardous Waste Management
- Hazardous Waste Regulations and the need for harmonization
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS): The purpose
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS): The purpose
- The reason: Why a Globally Harmonized System (GHS) is essential for WHMIS and MSDS?
- Carrying out a Contamination Audit: Description
- Waste Disposal Site management
- Class Assignment
- Pollution Prevention and contamination: Overview
- Sources of pollution, techniques and technologies to minimize them: Discussions on contamination sources from the contamination audit
- Refining & Transportation – Exploration and production
- Description: Oil Spills with special reference to the April 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil slick occurrence
- Understanding Modern Tanker design to reduce the occurrence of a major oil spill
- Overview of Other oil related sources of pollution
- Overview of the third world countries concerning pollution issues: The common thread
- Limitations and concepts of zero liquid discharge (ZLD) and zero waste (ZW)
- The Bird Problem: Overview
- Class Assignment
- Description: Continuation of Pollution Prevention Planning, Contamination and Contingency Planning for Major Incidents
- Life Cycle Management of all materials: Description
- The concept of The 5R’s- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Recover and Rethink
- Proper Storage of Hazardous Materials: Detailed requirements
- Significance of On-going Training
- Significance of regular reviews of Emergency plans
- Description: Updated information on ISO 14001, 18001 and 9001
- Environmental Audits: Types
- Some major preventable accidents: Discussion
- Management and Prevention of Contamination and Hazardous Wastes: Review
- HAZID (HAZard IDentification): Introduction and Overview
- HAZOP (HAZard & OPerability): Introduction and Overview
- Understanding Environmental Ethics
- The significance of Climate Change and its update for the Gulf Coast Countries
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.