The High Efficiency Office Management program is designed to enhance skillsets pertaining to office admistration and organization. The course will cover topics on business environment and responsibilities at work, organisation and planning skills, communication and presentaion skills and techniques to a high level of self-development
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for anyone responsible for the planning and organizing of an office environment, and / or a team of people, e.g. office managers or executive assistants. This programme will provide new skills and ingrain confidence to be able to run a smoother operation and effectively manage a diverse team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- To understand the roles and responsibilities of an office manager
- To understand the function of an office manager as a leader
- To understand the challenges of leadership and determine your own leadership style
- To understand team member personalisities and how to motivate them
- To examine recruitment procedures and understand how to identify the competencies required for office positions
- To ensure the smooth running of the office at all times
- To be aware of, and deal with, health, safety, and environmental issues at work
- To understand the importance of effective office policies and procedures
- To understand the most effective document management system and adapt this to your business needs
- To learn to manage time more effectively, using planning and organizing skills
- To enhance communication skills in a multicultural workplace
- To develop and use effective assertiveness skills
- To learn to deal with difficult people, manage upwards, and manage your manager
Competencies Of An Office Manager
- The Office Manager As A Leader
- Organizational And Office Ethics
- How Ethical Are You?
- Ethical Decision-Making Activity
Examining Company Structures & Organization Charts
Recruitment & Selection
- Job Descriptions
- Competencies Required For Individual Positions
- Interviewing Techniques
- Office Layout
- Health & Safety
- Ensuring Smooth Office Operations
- Dealing With Paper Flow
Document Management Systems
- Policies & Procedures
- The Importance of policies & How To Communicate Them Effectively
- How To Write Policies and Procedures
The Planning Process
- Setting Objectives
- Brainstorming & Mind Mapping
- Time Management
- Using Technology In Time Management
- Prioritising Tasks By Urgency & Importance
- Identifying Time Wasters
- Dealing With Interruptions
Presentation Of Delegation Techniques
- The ‘Willing And Able’ Table
- Checklist For Effective Delegation
- How & Why Do We Communicate?
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Barriers To Communication & Overcoming Them
- Gaining Attention & ‘Connecting With People’
- Powerful Questioning & Listening Skills
- Email Etiquette
Understanding Cultural Differences
- Understanding Different Personalities & How To Communicate with, Motivate, & Empower People
- Understanding and Applying Assertiveness Techniques
- Using And Evaluating Different Techniques
- Transactional Analysis
Dealing With Difficult People & Situations
- Role-Plays And Case Studies To Demonstrate, Practise, And Evaluate Effectiveness
- Managing Conflict Effectively
- Managing Upwards
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.