This HRD course is a basic program for individuals who are pursuing an HRD course and wish to understand Human Resource management from a holistic point of view. Each session deals with parts of HRD that are essential for participants to gain an overview and insight to the vast avenue of Human Resources. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the main functions in Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Explain the new roles of modern Human Resources Management
- Apply the functions of recruitment and selection and follow the main steps in attracting and hiring qualified candidates
- List the different steps in the training and development cycle
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of Human Resources Management in designing and implementing a performance management system
- Demonstrate understanding of a complete compensation management system
Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Definitions and Objectives of HRM
- The Main Functions of HR
- Characteristics of Effective HR Management
- HR New Roles: HR as Business Partner
- Examples of HR Organization Charts
Competency-Based Human Resources Management
- Overview of Competency Theory
- Types of Competencies
- The Importance of Competencies
Recruitment and Selection
- Recruitment versus Selection
- Defining Requirements and Attracting Qualified Candidates
- Types of Assessment
- Types of Interviews
- The Selection Decision
Training and Development
- Identification of Training Needs
- Design and Delivery of Training
- Effectiveness of Delivery Methods: The International Benchmarks
- Evaluation of Training Effectiveness
- The Performance Management Cycle
- The Main Components of Performance Management
- Performance Management versus Performance Appraisal
- Setting Up a Competency-Based Performance Management System
Compensation and Benefits
- Components of Compensation and Benefits
- A Total Compensation Management System
- Job Evaluation: Guaranteeing Internal Consistency
- Factor Points System for Evaluating Jobs
- Salary Surveys: Guaranteeing External Consistency
- Forces Impacting Compensation and Benefits
Careers in Human Resources
- Generalist or Specialist: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Academic Qualification versus Professional Certification
Who Should Attend?
Human Resources professionals or individuals who are about to start a career in Human Resources. Experienced officers and managers in Human Resources who wish to update their knowledge and skills about the latest techniques in the various Human Resources functions.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.