International Trade has played a key role in the growth of the economy for every country, and it is being conducted by many companies for many years, however, the rate of growth in international trade has increased rapidly making sourcing/importing very crucial and this has meant that many companies have found that they do not have the relevant knowledge and know-how.
This training will look at the essentials of trade, import and export freight management and documentation. It will help you structure your approach by using analytical techniques to improve your companies international trade operations.
This Zoe training course will help you to explore proper import and export procedures and documentation which is an important element in international trade. It will empower you to understand how as importers or exporters you need to comply with rules and regulations and follow the trade customs of all these organisations in the country you are operating from. You may come across the legal framework of the host country depending on the incoterms and other terms and conditions used in the contract of sale.
The main objective of this Import Export Procedures and Documentation Training is to empower professionals with—
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of imports/export procedures and shipping documentation
- It will highlight the importance of accurate exports documentation and procedure
- Provide both practical and theoretical aspects of the latest and most effective methods of handling imports/exports
- Understanding typical imports/exports transaction framework
- Knowledge of export transaction procedure and all typical export documentation
- Understand international legalization and best practices
- Insight and impact on local laws that govern the international trade documentation/ procedures
Training courses at Zoe Talent Solutions undergo a thorough analysis and examination before the commencement of a training batch to check the applicability of the content to the intended audience. The training is delivered over lectures by a highly proficient expert from the relevant domain.
Two-way participation is encouraged over group assignments and activities, involving role-plays. Relevant case study discussions and problem-solving exercises by the trainer help relate practical scenarios to the training content.
Zoe Talent Solutions follows the ‘Do–Review–Learn–Apply’ Model.
By professionals enrolling for this Import Export Procedures and Documentation Training, organisations will derive the following benefits:
- Help them to understand complexities of documentation governed mainly by different set of legal and legislative systems
- Allow them to manage the customary and regulatory framework involved
- Expand customer base globally and entry into new markets
- A deeper understanding on Import Export documentation in relation to customs regulations, domestic and international trade laws and risk analysis on international market exposure
- Compliance with internationally acceptable import and export standards
- Implement Export plan to understand the facts, constraints, goals and the efforts the organisation will have to put around their international trade for better ROI, impacting the organisational growth and development
Professionals enrolling for this Import Export Procedures and Documentation Training course will benefit in the following ways:
- Acquire skill and proficiency you need to gain a competitive advantage in the challenging and complex world of export, import and international trade
- In depth understanding on customs procedures for Importing and Exporting- The Pros and Cons
- Thorough and detailed knowledge and understanding of Import/Export and document management
- Understanding of different types of transportation and its impacts on import and export
- Get an opportunity of placement in Customs House Agent, Shipping Liners, Logistics, Supply Chain Management and other fields and arenas of import-export
Who Should Attend?
This course will give you the knowledge and skills that you can start implementing immediately whether you are working in an organization, expanding your business into the international market or starting a business. This course will quickly equip you with the ‘ins’ and ‘outs’ of the import-export trade.
Typical participants include:
- Personnel’s having responsibility for buying from overseas and dealing with import/export activities
- All those working in Forwarding, Shipping, Logistics, and supply chain management
- Material and Supply Chain Managers, Buyers, Suppliers, Purchase and Logistics personnel
- Those looking to explore new business avenues and who want to expand their import and export business
The course covers the following topics for understanding Import Export Procedures and Documentation:
Module 1: Import and Export Procedure
- Transport and Freight Operations
- Key Features and Mode Characteristics
- Freight and operations calculations and costing
- Transport Planning Models
- Service provider variables and frequency
- Chartering of shared/network services and Liners
- Handling Full load movements to parcels and use of couriers
Module 2: International Trade
- International Trade – Features
- International Trade – why it is important?
- Demand and Supply variables
- Sale and Delivery International Trade Terms
- Incoterms and its impact on Import and Export
- Overview on Documentation, Payment, and Insurance
- Customs in International Trade
Module 3: International Shipping Documents
- Documentation – Importance and Usage in right context
- Review and understand the implications of B/L, AWB, & CMR
- Packing List and Invoice
- Uses and applications of Certificate of Origin
- Shipping guarantee – How to apply?
Module 4: How to Ensure Accurate Documentation?
- Bill of Lading (B/L)
- Bill of Exchange (BOE)
- Different Types of Invoices – Consular/Commercial/Customs and Proforma
- Review Insurance Policy/ Certificate
- Difference between Mate Receipt and Bill of Lading
- (GSP) Generalized System of Preferences Certificate of Origin
Module 5: Cargo Insurance Policy
- Cargo Insurance – address the big question why?
- Review changes in Insurance Policy
- Marine Insurance policy – Cargo Clauses
- Exclusion clauses and claims procedure
- Claims – Documentation
Module 6: Understanding Letter of Credit
- Different types of Letters of Credits
- DA and DP Application
- International Trade – Payment Types
- Review Step by Step L/C operations
Module 7: Customs Clearance in Import/Export Process
- Rules and regulations of the exporting/importing country
- Class and type of goods that are exported and imported
- Agreements between the trading countries – Imports/Exports
- Declaration and Clearance – Imports
- Custom Clearance – Breakdown of Steps
- Customs Broker – Services
- Advantages of Custom Brokerage
Module 8: Export Management – How to Export?
- Establish your Organisation legally
- Study, analyse markets you need to Export
- Getting your IEC (Import Export Code)
- Risk Assessment
Module 9: Case Study and Self-Assessment