|04 Jul - 08 Jul, 2022||Lisbon||5 Days||$4750||Register|
Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) are partnerships, agreements or associations between two or more public and private sector companies. These partnerships are formed when companies from both sectors have common interests and work towards a common cause.
Alternately, these partnerships are undertaken when expertise from both sectors is needed to achieve certain goals and objectives. Most often, these are public sector projects that require financial, technological and/or skill-based support of the private sector.
International PPP projects are those planned at a larger scale and between sectors across borders. Also commonly called Global PPP projects, these are generally formed by an international intergovernmental organisation, like the United Nation, World Health Organisation, International Labour Organisation, etc., and private sector companies.
In such cases, the projects are large scale and involvement of the private sector companies is key to the achievement of the objectives. International PPP projects could be carried out for a single cause or a group of causes, such as health, employment, environment, necessities, education, etc.
Proper management of PPP projects is critical and equally challenging because of the diverse interests and ultimate motives between the public and private sectors. Appropriate management of international PPP projects is even more challenging because of the scale of operations and project management at an international level.
An important aspect to be considered while managing such projects is the maintenance of a healthy relationship and understanding between the private and public partners.
such associations are long-term and complex, and hence, clarity is required while forming the agreement to ensure consistency in operations throughout the tenure of the project.
The project plan or agreement should mention the distinct roles and responsibilities of each partner, the degree or extent of involvement and the authority or control that rests with each.
Given the scale of operations in such partnerships and the multiple facets that need attention, it is extremely important for public and private sector employees as well as members of international intergovernmental organisations to thoroughly understand all aspects of agreement management and project execution to sustain the agreement for a long term and successfully achieve all defined objectives.
This Zoe training course will empower you with the required knowledge, information and skill needed to be involved in international PPP projects. The experience gained through this course will prepare you for all challenges and requirements that may arise through a project because of its widespread effect and operations.
By undertaking this International PPP Projects and Infrastructure Management course, you will gain complete clarity on all best practices and necessities from the first step itself, when entering into agreements for international PPP projects, to successfully carry out the activities and plans of the project.
Because of the exposure to aspects at a national and international level and related to renowned intergovernmental organisations, you would gain experience and capability to work in any of the sectors, thus expanding your career opportunities.
The knowledge gained through all the modules in the course will broaden your perspective and enhance your skill-set multi-fold, improving your professional ethics and experience.
The main objective of this International PPP Projects and Infrastructure Management course is to empower the public and/or private sector professionals with:
- Complete knowledge and information related to PPPs at a national and international level.
- The necessary information and awareness to form effective and clear agreements between sectors or partners before starting a project, to ensure clarity and mutual agreement.
- The adequate skill to be able to predict possible threats or challenges and address these when planning the project.
- Enhanced planning and organisation as well as project management skills to prepare a successful plan or outline for clarity and transparency before beginning actual operations under the project.
- Exposure and experience working with the public and private sectors as well as internationally acclaimed intergovernmental organisations.
- International exposure and experience related to cross-border projects.
- The required maturity and understanding to interpret and understand the objectives of a project and devise steps to ensure successful implementation of the project objectives.
- The required to capabilities and skillset to assume roles and make the best of opportunities arising in any of the sectors, thus broadening one’s options of career growth.
- Pride and satisfaction to be able to participate in and contribute to large-scale welfare projects that have such a widespread positive impact on citizens and their well-being.
Like all Zoe Talent Solutions’ courses, the training method for this course is flexible and easily customisable as per the professional experience of the audience and the kind of projects undertaken or the role played by them in international projects.
While the trainer delivers the course content through a presentation, trainee participation is fostered through short, brief presentations on the learnings from the training, group activities, experience sharing, best practice and idea-sharing, role-plays, etc.
The trainer also discusses some of the most successful international PPP projects in recent times and helps trainees relate such projects to the course content.
Given the above format, this course aims to follow Zoe Talent Solutions’ Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With public/private sector professionals, as well as representatives of international intergovernmental organisations, undertaking this course, their respective organisations will benefit in the following ways:
- An experienced and skilled workforce to successfully carried forward international PPP projects and aid in their long-term sustenance
- Increased clarity and understanding set out in agreements to ensure mutual consent and alignment of thoughts and intentions of all parties involved
- Lesser risk to the project because of challenges and threats pre-empted and addressed before they can affect the operations of the project
- Well-managed project timelines and quality because of highly skilled project managers and other participants
- Scope for growth and development because of preparedness to carry out projects on a large scale, at national and international levels
- Playing a pivotal role in the economic development of the nation by ensuring that all welfare issues are addressed completely and efficiently
- Contributing to society and helping improve the quality of life and well-being across various areas
Through this International PPP Projects and Infrastructure Management course, public and/or private sector professionals, as well as representatives of international intergovernmental organisations, will derive the following benefits:
- Increased capabilities and skills to manage PPP projects at an international level.
- Greater awareness and preparedness to ensure clarity in responsibilities, duties and other related aspects set out in agreements for the achievement of project objectives.
- Greater experience to be pivotal in sustaining long-term operations of the project until objectives are achieved.
- More exposure and better perspective to foresee and address challenges and threats in advance.
- Richer experience and adequate knowledge and exposure to working in different sectors and with international intergovernmental opportunities, and hence, greater career opportunities.
- Increased capabilities to undertake multiple roles, thus enhancing one’s skill set and professional experience.
- Increased sense of pride and satisfaction to be part of projects supporting causes related to the welfare of the society and fostering economic development of the nation.
Who Should Attend?
- Senior members, project managers, directors, and other management officials across the private and public sectors who play an active role in initiating such projects and determining the end objectives and plan and strategy to carry them forward.
- Shareholders or potential investors who need to understand the prospects of the business and organisations undertaking these projects.
- Representatives of international intergovernmental organisations who are actively involved in such long-term projects.
- Contract managers and legal authorities who play an important role in forming agreements and confirming legal compliance and adherence across the participating nations and/or organisations.
- Human resource professionals from the public and private sector organisations responsible for driving a value-based, performance-driven, ethical work culture necessary for seamless and corruption-less execution of such welfare projects.
- Any other personnel of the private or public sectors who would like to know more about managing PPP projects at an international level.
The course will cover the following areas that are critical for the successful management of international PPP projects:
Module 1 – Overview of International Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs)
- Parties involved
- Recent successful international PPPs
Module 2 – Aims of International PPPs
- Building markets
- Combating corruption
- Safeguarding the environment
- Increasing basic necessity security
- Ensuring social inclusion
Module 3 – Requirements while Setting Up International PPPs
- Understand basic economic assumptions driving the project
- Understand partnership structure across sectors
- Manage partners or stakeholders
- Manage social or environmental impact
- Understand the regulatory environment
- Adopt a disciplined approach to project execution
- Understand working with domestic and international expertise
- Continuous planning, review and monitoring PPP
- Understand project risks
- Embrace joint working
Module 4 – Purpose of Project Agreements
- Continuous, high-quality service delivery
- Maintenance of contractual responsibilities
- Allocations and division of risks
- Recognition of changes in the external environment and implementation of the next steps
- Setting efficiency expectations and deadlines
Module 5 – Managing International PPP Projects – Step 1: Identification
- Identifying priority public investment projects
- Screening for PPP potential
- Building an initial PPP pipeline
Module 6 – Managing International PPP Projects – Step 2: Appraising Potential PPP Projects
- Feasibility and economic viability
- Commercial viability
- Value for money of PPP
- Fiscal responsibility
- Project management
- Environmental and social studies and standards
Module 7 – Managing International PPP Projects – Step 3: Structuring PPP Projects
- Identifying risks
- Allocating risks
- Translating the allocation of risks into agreement structure
Module 8 – Managing International PPP Projects – Step 4: Designing PPP Contracts
- Performance requirements
- Payment mechanisms
- Adjustment mechanisms
- Dispute resolution mechanisms
- Termination provisions
Module 9 – Managing International PPP Projects – Step 5: Managing PPP Transactions
- Deciding the procurement strategy
- Marketing the PPP
- Qualifying bidders
- Managing the bid process
- Achieving agreement effectiveness and financial closure
Module 10 – Managing International PPP Projects – Step 6: Managing PPP Agreements
- Establishing agreement management structures
- Monitoring and managing PPP delivery and risks
- Dealing with change
- Contract expiry and asset handover
Module 11 – Areas of Interest for International PPPs
- Economic and social development
- Human rights
- Peace and security
- Humanitarian assistance
- Education reform
Module 12 – Private Sector Contribution in International PPPs
- Core business operations and value chains
- Social investments
- Advocacy, dialogue and institutional framework
Module 13 – Features of Successful International PPPs
- Pre-decided goals and objectives
- Shared and agreed values and principles
- Clear delineation of roles and responsibilities
- Integrity and independence of sectors
- No unfair advantage of either partner
- Transparency across partners
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.