This training programme will give an overview of the issues surrounding the taxation of cross-border activities. This course will cover the essential key concepts of international taxation and the associated problems. Priority will be given to the OECD model treaty. The operation of double taxation agreements will be considered. Emphasis will be on direct taxation, but indirect taxation will also be discussed.
Who should Attend?
Government officials from developing countries, who are current professionals in either tax or customs administration.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the international tax environment and the associated challenges
- Discover the solutions to the challenges faced
- Evaluate and determine the current international tax practice
- Evaluate and recognize the tax risks associated with cross-border operations
- Acknowledge the challenges faced in the operation of domestic tax systems in a global environment
- International taxation: The basic fundamental principles
- Double taxation agreements and Legal context of international taxation
- Residence: Description
- Cross-border business: Taxation
- Understanding Investment income and taxation of cross-border employment income
- Double tax relief: Description
- The concept of thin capitalization and transfer pricing
- International tax avoidance: Overview
- Difference between unitary taxation and arm’s length principle
- Understanding the Cross-border issues of indirect taxation
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.