This introduction to management training course is a basic introduction for young managers to be inducted into their supervisory roles. It covers all essential areas of management to create winning teams. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of this introduction to management training program, participants will be able to:
- Discover their role as new managers or supervisors
- Apply different leadership styles to successfully lead and motivate their employees
- Empower employees through delegation
- Build and manage winning teams
- Know the dos and don’ts of managing meetings
- Manage self, time, and stress in a restless work environment
- Apply new tools and techniques to improve decision-making and problem-solving
Mastering the Art of Motivation
- What is Motivation?
- Myths about Motivation
- The Main Theories
- Current Trends and Issues
- Implications for Managers
- What is Delegation and Why to Delegate?
- Root Causes of Poor Delegation
- Learning the Steps to Effective Delegation
- Empowering and Motivating Employees through Delegation
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Delegation
Time and Stress Management
- Definition of Time Management
- Identifying Your Time Wasters – Activity Log
- Dealing with and Managing Your Time Wasters
- Start Planning Effectively
- Using the Priority Matrix and To-Do-Lists
- Definition of Stress
- Causes and Symptoms of Stress
- Techniques and Approaches to Managing Stress
Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- Tools and Techniques
- The Traditional Approach to Problem-Solving
- The Helicopter View
- The Ishikawa Fishbone Technique
- The How-How Technique
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Brainstorming Techniques
Who should Attend?
New managers or supervisors, prospective managers or supervisors, and managers or supervisors with some experience but no formal training.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.